"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Iron Maiden

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Iron Maiden

Displaying 11 posts
Displaying 11 posts
Dec 7, 2012 11:09 AM ET #1 (permalink)

Hey guys I was discussing with some friend about what Album was Better Iron Maiden´s The Number Of the Beast or Judas Priest´s Painkiller ? so What you say?

Dec 7, 2012 12:12 PM ET #2 (permalink)

Painkiller, easily. Even when I liked Iron Maiden I didn't think Number of the Beast was as great as everyone made out.

Dec 7, 2012 5:26 PM ET #3 (permalink)

Painkiller..
powerslave is much better than number

Dec 7, 2012 5:55 PM ET #4 (permalink)

Painkiller. Hands down. Now if it were between Painkiller and Piece Of Mind it might be a different story... Like Oz said. Number wasn't all that.

Dec 8, 2012 5:29 AM ET #5 (permalink)

Hallowed be thy name is a fucking monster of a song though

Dec 10, 2012 4:23 PM ET #6 (permalink)

I'm gonna go Painkiller.

Dec 10, 2012 8:26 PM ET #7 (permalink)

you know guys I have read that some of you prefer to powerslave than The Number Of The Beast and I really respect that, But I dont agree I think the Number Of The Beast was fresher..... Powerlave is an excellent almbum but was the consequence of The Number of the beast I mean Powerslave is something really good It´s a Powerful album but It was something that i already hear dont make wrong if the powerslave was reallized in 1982 for sure will be better because for me the difference between these Iron Maiden albums is Minimal in fact the Iron Maiden period between 1982 and 1984 was Amazing otherwise Painkiller is something good too but Judas Priest doesnot have something close to this almbum

Dec 11, 2012 6:54 AM ET #8 (permalink)

Frankly I was never big on Powerslave or Piece of Mind either. I always found Priest alot more enjoyable because they're a bit more of a good time band that didn't take themselves as seriously as Maiden does. Also, Bruce Dickinson is a Tory prick.

Dec 11, 2012 12:15 PM ET #9 (permalink)

Never been a big Priest fan. I've noticed with most Maiden fans, their first album is their favorite. So if that's the case...Somewhere In Time!

Dec 11, 2012 8:55 PM ET #10 (permalink)

First album is the only Maiden album I still listen to. After Di'anno went they started to go up their own arse, and in recent years, they've disappeared up it.

Dec 12, 2012 9:19 AM ET #11 (permalink)

Yeah, well...whatever. I'm still laughing at "a Tory prick".

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum