"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

dreams?

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> dreams?

Displaying 16 posts
Displaying 16 posts
Jan 7, 2010 11:16 AM ET #1 (permalink)

figured this could be interesting for a change of topic:
we all have them mand many of us have different interpretations of what they mean. i am sure many on this site have read psychology books about them although i have not. i think it would be cool to hear some of those dreams out there. i used to thik many of them were my sub trying to teach me things about myself and sometimes i felt they were just fun things my mind was allowing me to experience. lately since i have stopped drinking (i been drinking half a bottle of jd a nigt for the past month and realize its time to dry out until the 5fdp show) my dreams have just been very erratic and off the wall. very out there and now they make no sense to me at all. i am sure adjusting to the sober life is the factor. my wife dreams something along the lines of whatever we watch that day. i would love to have that gift!

Jan 7, 2010 11:49 AM ET #2 (permalink)

I don't think dreams mean anything, personally, just things stuck in your subconscious mind. If you ask me, trying to interpret them psychologically is all a bunch of bullshit.. and that's coming from a man who loves psychology.

Jan 7, 2010 1:12 PM ET #3 (permalink)

ii do realize some dreams come from things i feel or question in my waking time. some dreams i felt were my subconscious showing me things like providing situations and showing me deep down how i would respond to them. there are some psychology that can be used but to go deep down like freud is just reaching too much.

Jan 7, 2010 3:31 PM ET #4 (permalink)

Dreams suck. I don't like them. The two most vivid dreams I had fucked the rest of my week up so I'm happy when I go to sleep and it's just black. I believe that there's some kind of connection between dreams and the spiritual realm, but I'm not quite sure how.

Jan 7, 2010 3:37 PM ET #5 (permalink)

I think they're related to the subconcious. I've written poems and songs in my dreams. I think they're simply your brain exploring possibilities, which is why they seem to come true at times.

Jan 7, 2010 4:18 PM ET #6 (permalink)

since i quit drinking i ma dreaming all night long. i will falll asleep and wake up within a half hour and feel like i slept for hours dreamming. i have benn getting this all night. its pretty awesome as long as i just look at them as entertainment and not try to make sense of them. althoguh sometimes i wake up not know where i am and then when i figure it out and feel ok i really wake up and am even more confused. pretty trippy. on time i recently had a dream that was linked ot many dreams of the past fabricating a diff reality (similar to but different than reality) that when i woke up i had to sit there for a while wondering what was my real past and what was from the dream. some of the dream i wish was real they were good times and fond experiences...but they did not happen.

Jan 7, 2010 5:09 PM ET #7 (permalink)

All I can say is that I enjoy eating spicy food and going straight to bed so that I can have a bad dream. It's like a free horror movie and i'm the star of the show. Last night in my dream my lady brought a lion home and it jumped into the bed with me and it tried to eat me. I kicked his ass... Cause i'm a bad ass.

Jan 7, 2010 5:36 PM ET #8 (permalink)

i have never had the oportunity to eat a lion! that would be awesome! nightmares are awesome! i rarely have one that bothers me. i would like to hear about the dream that had OZ disturbed for a week.

Jan 8, 2010 1:31 AM ET #9 (permalink)

DeathinEye has it the most right in my opinion.

Dreams to me are the manifestation of the mind constantly exploring infinite variables of existence interplaying with each other in the subconscious. The reason they seem to come true from time to time is, when 10 billion people dream infinite possibilities every single night for the entire duration of their near-century of life, eventually, a few hundred of those instances resemble what actually happens in the persons life.

I've had a dream where an entire average day played out in school all the way to lunch, typical jokes and conversations with all the usuals I generally ran into over the course of the day, up until my friends head spontaneously exploded halfway through lunch hour.

I woke up and went to school an hour later to have an average day at school with all the usual jokes and conversations with all the regular people, minus the head explosion thingie.

Did it mean anything? Hell no. Just the mind being an asshole that morning. Cheeky bastard.

Jan 8, 2010 9:54 AM ET #10 (permalink)

i have read from multiple psychics that we all have minor psychic ability so that also makes sense on why we dream the future. even scientists have found out that the brain registers something that it will find bad a second or so before hand. we are only using 10% of our brain or actualy they say a professor only uses 10% of his brain. this showsthat we are still living in a box. BG proly only uses 4% but he tries. all this damn technology we uses will keep us from getting out of the box. example: more people play solitair on the computer than physicaly doing it with their bodies. my sister plays this retareded game weere you throw the card into a hat- on the computer. separaing mind from body interferes with being whole. we have to embrace the mind, body and soul to be complete. neglecting one part will keep us from getting full benefit of the others.

Jan 8, 2010 12:05 PM ET #11 (permalink)

I'm still in shock that FAN said something in an articulate manner ;)

In my opinion, dreams are a manifestation of the most important things in life. Sometimes it doesn't make sense, but when I analyze them, they tell me something. For example, I once had a dream that my brothers died (for the longest time, we were inseparable) and then I avenged them by saving the world... as a jedi knight. My mind even gives me nerdy dreams...

Jan 8, 2010 12:07 PM ET #12 (permalink)

very cool IN.

Jan 8, 2010 10:10 PM ET #13 (permalink)

lol I just display myself as an arrogant dickhole because it's funnier. i can speak proper english when I choose to. an' I aint talkin bout that thar queen's english nither. Fuck that shit.

i once had a dream where I was shrunken to the size of a mouse and battling a bunch of talking fruit on a table, up until The peanut guy with the monocle came and smashed everyone. You tell me what the hell that has to do with psychic powers and I will levatate your computer with my mind and smash it over your face.

Jan 9, 2010 9:45 AM ET #14 (permalink)

My favorite dreams are about my lost pets. The worst ones are when I can't get something right no matter how many times I try.

I don't think dreams mean anything. I think only once did I dream about a solution, went to work early to try it out, and it actually worked. That one was bizarre.

Jan 9, 2010 3:24 PM ET #15 (permalink)

Before I went to England I had two or three dreams about plane crashes. Had I read into them, I never would have went. Clearly the plane didn't crash. Unless this is heaven...or hell...or a coma.... Hmmm.

(This post was last edited on January 9, 2010 at 3:25 PM ET.)

Jan 11, 2010 12:21 PM ET #16 (permalink)

i think more or less dreams are just the creative ramblings of our mind just wondering. but there are those times were they do represent something usualy during important times in our lives when we are struggling with somethign.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum