"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

ACACIA STRAIN VS EMMURE

Posted in: Forum Home >> Core >> ACACIA STRAIN VS EMMURE

Displaying 9 posts
Displaying 9 posts
Nov 15, 2012 11:01 AM ET #1 (permalink)

the age old battle between two serciously heavy metal core bands. Whats your preference between the two? Why not the other? A friend of mine swears emmure is better and i swear the acacia strain is better so i figured why not get an opinion from other metal heads.

Nov 16, 2012 1:43 PM ET #2 (permalink)

TAC wins everytime.

Dec 2, 2012 7:18 AM ET #3 (permalink)

I've been in a T.A.C. kick lately, however Emmure will always have a special place on my computer..

Dec 2, 2012 6:58 PM ET #4 (permalink)

Both bands new material disappoints me beyond belief. If you would've asked me in 2008 the answer would be Emmure without question in my opinion.. but even with TAS' disappointing recent shit it's still better then shit like Slave to the Game. To this day though Goodbye to the Gallows is one of my favorite albums of all time. If you've ever been in a BAD breakup The Respect Issue and GTTG are two albums that are extremely easily to relate to and enjoy. Frankie finally got over his girl troubles though.

Dec 3, 2012 12:39 PM ET #5 (permalink)

i can never get over how emmure ripped off of TAC with rusted over wet dreams.... regardless, emmure is still a good band up until slave to the game. Though i love the acacia strain's music far more. i feel like TAC has done more evolving and growing up with their music where emmure stays kind of stagnant. Both great bands but i still feel TAC takes the win. though they both seem to be going down hill. White Chapel too.... saddening but true. good bands are falling to this mechanical computer sound. i just wish it would go back to raw sound like elysia had it.... Man i miss elysia.

Dec 3, 2012 4:07 PM ET #6 (permalink)

To be honest. The decrease in talent of these bands is why I'm slowly slipping away from this genre and getting into something more true. More hardcore punk and more death metal. Kinda straying away from metal core. It's being consumed by key boards and high pitch singing.

Dec 19, 2012 8:56 AM ET #7 (permalink)

I have to agree with WolverineDesire. Goodbye to the Gallows is by far one of my favorite heavy albums of all time. It came out at the perfect time in my life where everything Frankie was saying I could understand in my own way. That album just has a really special place in my heart. Overall, I would have to say that I enjoy Emmure way more than TAS. But that is just my personal opinion. I enjoy both bands, but I haven't liked much of the new material from either one. It is starting to lose its heart and compassion. Both bands have their strengths and weaknesses; regardless of that, I hate this discussion that is constantly brought up. I understand the reasoning behind it (because of their similar sound, as well as the never-ending debate that Emmure stole TAS's material), but I just think that no matter how many times this is brought up, there will always be two sides to it. That's the beauty of music. Interpretation.

Just a thought.

Dec 23, 2012 2:57 AM ET #8 (permalink)

THE ACACIA STRAIN! For those of you who like deathcore or hardcore come to this event in the OC this SATURDAY!

http://www.facebook.com/events/191736870963537/

Jan 11, 2013 11:37 AM ET #9 (permalink)

emmure is just fucking amazing

Reply to Discussion or Return to Core forum