"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Looking for some advice on New Bands....

Posted in: Forum Home >> Extreme Metal >> Looking for some advice on New Bands....

Displaying 1 post
Displaying 1 post
Nov 14, 2012 7:53 PM ET #1 (permalink)

Hey guys...Thanks ahead of time for any info...I'm really picky on what I like and was hoping some of you share the same taste in tunes..and could make some recommendations...

Anything that sounds like Morgul...Horror\Twisted stuff...not a big fan of machinegun drums...I believe aggression and horror can be conveyed the way Morgul does it...through sickness not speed...so anything like that would be awesome...Gloomy Grim

Also any kind of John Tardy-esque vocal doom or death metal..that again has atmosphere,chimes,chanting..really haunting graveyard stuff...again not thrashy..just plain sick will do....kinda like Obituary with keys,chanting...

and I hate clear singing like power metal...ruins the tunes for me..so no" I just got kicked in the Balls kinda stuff"...must remain dark...

any info would be greatly appreciated...spend most of my free time looking for tunes...anyone who likes high quality obscure bands that dont get enough recognition...i could make suggestions...

In Gloom
-j-

Reply to Discussion or Return to Extreme Metal forum