"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Eugenic Death New Thrash band

Posted in: Forum Home >> Classic Metal >> Eugenic Death New Thrash band

Displaying 1 post
Displaying 1 post
Nov 13, 2012 11:32 AM ET #1 (permalink)

As far as new thrash bands go, these guys are actually pretty good considering that they actually stick to the classic style instead of creating this mutant version of thrash. I really dislike the new comers that only play a few chords at a fast speed and sing about the resurgence of their own sub-genre.

Eugenic Death actually sound like they were supposed to be releasing albums back in the 80's but arrived far too late. Their lyrics remind of those written by the politcally thrashers back in the day; they seem to take themselves pretty seriously. In a few reviews I've read on these guys the artwork is preceived to be immature and dull, but it's pretty high quality for what it is. It reminds me of a 80's slasher horror poster which what I think they were going for according to a interview I just read the other day featuring their guitarist Jonathan McCanless. I would check these guys out, I for one admire what they are doing and wish them the best.

Resource: www.heavenandhellrecords.com

Reply to Discussion or Return to Classic Metal forum