"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Amp Recommendations

Posted in: Forum Home >> Musician's Chat >> Amp Recommendations

Displaying 2 posts
Displaying 2 posts
Nov 9, 2012 12:44 PM ET #1 (permalink)

I'm looking for a new practice amp, and was hoping I could get some help. i'm looking to spend under $500. I play Ramones-meets-Metallica style punk metal, with some blues tones thrown in. I have an H/S/S Squier Stratocaster and H/H Epiphone SG. No pedals at the moment. I'd like something relatively small, mostly for practicing at home and the occasional small gig.

Nov 23, 2012 5:44 PM ET #2 (permalink)

Marshall makes a pretty balsy practise amp. I should metion though, if price is your only pre-requisite then just pick up a little Peavy. Usually guitarists are more concerned with their sound than the price of the amp.

Reply to Discussion or Return to Musician's Chat forum