"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

MY RUSH EXPERIENCE

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> MY RUSH EXPERIENCE

Displaying 3 posts
Displaying 3 posts
Oct 31, 2012 8:01 AM ET #1 (permalink)

Well, this trip started out with a text from a buddy asking if I wanted to go see Rush (woke me up from a nap). I said no at first because I couldnt afford it, but my buddy said he would buy me one if he could get some at the right price. Well, he found some at a reasonable price so I said yea and away we went.........!

The show was at Time Warner Cable Arena, a place I had yet to see anything, so I was a bit stoked. We had to meet the ticket seller across the street from the arena at the city bus terminal Burger King. We get the tickets and make our way into the arena. The arena is where the NBA Charlotte Bobcats play so it wasnt some small arena by any means. We were in the upper seats but still a great view of the festivities. We found our seats and of course i get put next to some young kid in his mid teens who is wearing "skinny jeans" and "chucks" (I wanted smack the kid right in the face for disgracing chuck taylor shoes like that with some skinny jeans bullshit!! fkn poser bitch! Now from what I could tell about this kid is he is 100% gay (which is no big thing) but the fkr wouldnt stop grinding in his seat during the show which was making me feel very uncomfortable!! Since this was "An Evening With Rush", there was no opener so at 7:45 pm the lights went down and there stood Rush......

Now, I am not a Rush fan in general, so I didnt know what songs were playing. Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson and Neil Peart played their songs with great precision and absolute perfection all night. From the opening to the end Rush were on point all night. Geddy's bass was turned up way too much though and the vibrations caused by his bass would have made any woman cream her pants from the vibrations caused by the volume. Geddy pranced around the stage hopping and boppin and was making the crowd putty in his hands. Alex walked that stage like a professional and shredded his axe with the precision of a genious. I will say Alex is definitely a damn good axe master!! Neil Peart, IMO, was the star of the show and I dont give a damn who disagrees with me on that one!!! They played a 45 minute 1st set of older songs and during the 1st set Neil played a drum solo that was pretty freakin excellent. They took about a 15-20 minute break before starting a 2nd set. For the 2nd set they had a stringed instrument group behind them playing along which added a nice touch to the overall groove of the night. The 2nd set lasted roughly 90 minutes and consisted of songs from their new album and some older ones. During the 2nd set Neil played another small solo which was rockin!! Alex shredded a solo which brought the arena to its feet! geddy kept the crowd going with his stage galloping and made sure everybody was having a great time. Overall I give the night a solid 8 of 10......

Set list:
1.Subdivisions
2.The Big Money
3.Force Ten
4.Grand Designs
5.The Body Electric
6.Territories
7.The Analog Kid
8.Bravado
9.Where's My Thing?
10.Far Cry
11.Caravan
12.Clockwork Angels
13.The Anarchist
14.Carnies
15.The Wreckers
16.Headlong Flight
17.Halo Effect
18.Seven Cities of Gold
19.The Garden
20.Manhattan Project
21.Drum Solo
22.Red Sector A
23.YYZ
24.The Spirit of Radio

Encore:
25.Tom Sawyer
26.2112 Part I: Overture
27.2112 Part II: The Temples of Syrinx
28.2112 Part VII: Grand Finale

Oct 31, 2012 10:42 AM ET #2 (permalink)

Im a fan of Rush and i had the chance to see them but i didnt have a way to get there but my older brother is going to see them in a few weeks...honestly how is Rush live?

Oct 31, 2012 11:59 AM ET #3 (permalink)

I will say it is a show of both visual and audio pummeling!! The pyro, lights, stage props, etc...were a big part of the show. Band performance wise, they show absolute skilled precision from start to finish....i recommend it if you want to see legends in action by all means.......

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum