"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Jon Levasseur no longer in Cryptopsy

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Music Discussion >> Jon Levasseur no longer in Cryptopsy

Displaying 4 posts
Displaying 4 posts
Oct 24, 2012 10:13 AM ET #1 (permalink)

Hey everyone!
Jon Levasseur here and once again, plain and simple, I left Cryptopsy a month ago. From the start, this was the plan for me as I just wanted to do one last album with the band.
Even though I had left the band several years before, I was hurt after hearing "The Unspoken King" for the first time. I always was proud to say I played in Cryptopsy but at that point, I felt all the hard work I put into the band over the years (along side band members) was obliterated in the blink of an eye; a difficult pill to swallow. From my perspective, the idea for this new album was to do one last record touching every era of the band, namely from "Blasphemy made Flesh" to "And then you'll Beg", so the fans could at least have one last real Cryptopsy album and the most important thing: TUK not being the last entry in the book of the band's history! Hopefully, this new record will act as a soothing balm on the wounds from TUK, at least for me it will!!!
Before I go, thanx to present band members for putting up with me for another album, great job guys and we did good!! I want to thank everybody who gave this self-titled album a listen and thanx to the fans for all the kind words following my return. It definitely boosted my motivation in the writing process so my part on the album is dedicated to you: the fans! Hope you enjoy and Cryptopsy will be touring the world so don't miss them when they pass through!!! Cheers!!

Jon Levasseur

Oct 24, 2012 9:45 PM ET #2 (permalink)

Is this for real? Well if so I guess I understand, if your hearts not into being in Cryptopsy as a continued metal machine there's no point in doing it. But man, the metal scene will be sorry to have you leave again - the s/t album was a blast to the head, everything Cryptopsy should be. NSV was a turning point in my metal journey and opened me up to extreme music, the new album (especially riff wise) felt like true Cryptopsy down to the bone even if I prefer Lord Worm's vocals. All in all a pretty amazing come back from TUK so congrats!

Oct 25, 2012 11:21 AM ET #3 (permalink)

Not sure if this is real either. I couldn't find anything else on Google so...
If it is, bummer...new albums incredible.
Interesting to see where Flo will take things if Jon is gone again.
I think they should get Oz Fox. :D.......only as long as he wears the yellow/black outfit on stage.

Nov 7, 2012 2:00 AM ET #4 (permalink)

It definitely boosted my motivation in the writing process so my part on the album is dedicated to you: the fans! Hope you enjoy and Cryptopsy will be touring the world so don't miss them when they pass through!!! Cheers!!

--------------------------
http://www.idealdvdmall.com/

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Music Discussion forum