"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Production for a independent band

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Music Discussion >> Production for a independent band

Displaying 1 post
Displaying 1 post
Oct 22, 2012 1:21 PM ET #1 (permalink)

Hey Guys, this is Andrew D. calling out to all the metal heads that have made it further than I have in a band. That is actually recording a full album. Now for starters i have many questions but i will keep this post quick.

What are the biggest tips you can give to a poor metal head on how to produce a track.

My materials:
I have the Personus studio one artist recording program and i have all the other pieces needed to record. I just have no clue where to start. Like what instrument to track first and what the best way to track that instrument is. For example, I've heard people like to record different section of drums at different times, like cymbals then drums and bass. What do you think works the best. (not just for drums to clarify)

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Music Discussion forum