"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Not exactly sure how to classify what metal my band is can you help?

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Music Discussion >> Not exactly sure how to classify what metal my band is can you help?

Displaying 4 posts
Displaying 4 posts
Sep 29, 2012 9:33 PM ET #1 (permalink)

Hey everyone I'm new to the forum and it seems that there is a lotta good stuff on here. I'm mostly an old school metal guy but I love all kinds of Metal. Anyways, My friend and I are making a heavy metal album to put out on itunes and various other sites this winter. I'm having trouble figuring out now since there is so many different kinds of metal which kinds my band would fall into.

Our influences include:

Metallica, Lamb of God, Pantera, Machine Head, Trivium, Iron Maiden, Slayer, Anthrax, Dream Theater, and several other bands over the years.

I've compiled different parts of 5 of the 9 songs we have written so far, I'd appreciate if you checked out our sound and gave some feedback!! We can't wait to finish writing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBGg7K4ClyE&feature=plcp

Enjoy and let me know what you guys think!! I'm gonna start looking at some of the other threads on here now.

Sep 30, 2012 7:52 AM ET #2 (permalink)

Not bad at all. You've got a way to go yet and you need to work on some ideas to make yourselves stand out more, but very promising. Sounds like it'd be great live too. Best of luck!

Sep 30, 2012 9:00 PM ET #3 (permalink)

Thanks a lot man!! We've got a couple 8 minute songs ahead of us to record that are basically written. I'm pretty excited to make this shit come alive!

Oct 1, 2012 1:02 PM ET #4 (permalink)

Nice one. Good luck!

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Music Discussion forum