"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

So long 2009

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> So long 2009

Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 27 1 2 Last
Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 27 1 2 Last
Dec 29, 2009 9:55 AM ET #1 (permalink)

Well, as we round up the year of our Lord, 2009, I would just like to say.........This year sucked so much ass!!! The only good thing for me this year was conceiving another child, and getting orders. OK, that's enough of that. Now on to the real subject.

How many fucking metal musicians have we lost this year? Help me out here folks, cause I can't remember them all. Metal musicians, wether you like them or not, I need names. Me and Blind were talking Christmas Eve night, and he asked me that question. I know there are alot, so help me out.

Dec 29, 2009 10:07 AM ET #2 (permalink)

This year was actually a turning point in my life. In the storyline of my life, this would certainly be one of the most important years. If I didn't make the realizations that I did, I'd be a different person and possibly working in the military, which is a place that I loathe for personal reasons. This was the year that I truly committed myself to academia; though I have committed myself all my life to it, I commit myself now not just with my mind but also my heart.

(This post was last edited on December 29, 2009 at 10:08 AM ET.)

Dec 29, 2009 10:26 AM ET #3 (permalink)

2009 sucked a wet fart out of my ass and to answer your question AP!... Too fucking many, although I must admit the latest death of the drummer from A7X has it's upside. It's too bad he had to be the one to go, but at least the clock is finally ticking for them now. *crosses fingers and shouts HELL*

Dec 29, 2009 10:29 AM ET #4 (permalink)

This was definitely an ass-sucking year. Not only the wet-fart kind, but also the wet-turd kind. Government reminded us once again why it doesn't work, why it needs to be overthrown, why we should use it as a fly-trap for the worst sort of humanity.

(This post was last edited on December 29, 2009 at 10:30 AM ET.)

Dec 29, 2009 10:34 AM ET #5 (permalink)

Don't think I could tell you how many but off the top of my head is Mike Alexander from Evile, Dickie Peterson from Blue Cheer, obviously the guys on the front page and there's been quite a few others too.

2009 has been terrible in alot of places for me, but at the moment looks like it's gonna end on a nice note. Cool.

Dec 29, 2009 10:40 AM ET #6 (permalink)

AS LAMB OF GOD SAYS "ITS ONLY GOING TO GET WORSE" AND I HAVE THIS DEEP DARK FEELING ABOUT OUR FUTURE. 2010 IS NOT GOING TO BE BETTER BUT WILL REMINDS US HOW GOOD 2009 WAS!

Dec 29, 2009 11:15 AM ET #7 (permalink)

well only a few more years 'till 2012....

Dec 29, 2009 11:56 AM ET #8 (permalink)

Yep, when absolutely nothing is gonna happen.

Dec 29, 2009 1:02 PM ET #9 (permalink)

Lolz Oz. My setiments exactly.

Dec 29, 2009 1:46 PM ET #10 (permalink)

oz-I know....but I like making fun of it. Also, when nothing DOES happen, I get to laugh at everybody who believes SOMETHING's gonna happen

Dec 29, 2009 1:50 PM ET #11 (permalink)

does anyone actualy believe the shit about 2012. i dont know anyone who dies. i was hoping ot get a good deal on a house maybe like an end of the world sale.

Dec 29, 2009 4:48 PM ET #12 (permalink)

well for me same fucking thing a shit ass year
did try to sell my house and the fuckers say yes tha a month later the dude got fired so the plans got canceld
now i am paying for two places
work sucked royal ass this year
got my self almost a fucking stroke but doing beter now
and to many metal dudes died this year
good think maybe this avenged dick fold will quit yeah

but there were some good music realeses this year must say slayer and megadeth my fav albums this year

Dec 29, 2009 5:10 PM ET #13 (permalink)

2009 sucked bad for me, my country. Tho a good year for metal music.

Dec 29, 2009 6:05 PM ET #14 (permalink)

like i said 2010 is only going to show us how good 2009 really was. dig in people because the future is going to be a dark and depressing place. we have a lot farther to go before any light will be seen and it will not be in 2010.

Dec 30, 2009 1:45 PM ET #15 (permalink)

AGENT: Speak for yourself. I'm taking over the world this year. We'll all be one big happy feces smearing family when I get done with this shit hole!

Dec 30, 2009 1:55 PM ET #16 (permalink)

Whether 2010 will be any worse or not has yet to be seen, I'll wait until I'm a fair bit through the year to judge. I like to look to the future with some optimism. I can foresee bad things happening in my personal life, as well as plenty of other bad shit globally, but has there ever been a year when stuff doesn't go wrong? Positive Mental Attitude makes alot of difference I think. Hoo-rah!

Dec 30, 2009 2:04 PM ET #17 (permalink)

Oz: You mean positive METAL attitude don't you?

Dec 30, 2009 2:13 PM ET #18 (permalink)

To me 2009 wasnt that bad actually... Not a great year either. There were some VERY bad moments, some of the worst in my 32 year long travel, but it had some of the best moments of my life as well. Plus, You learn most from the sh1tty moments, if not anything else, you can always look back and think "f-uck, my problems are nothing, Ive gone through worse" (a bit of my own little life ideology here, sorry friends ;)

Our buddy Blindgreed1 there had the right attitude for 2010 ->; ("I´m taking over the world this year"). Surely he´ll leave a bit for us as well ;)

I´m heading over to some new year parties now here in southern Finland so...
I Wish you all a Happy New Year 2010, my friends, Good health (where it all starts, right?), Happiness and Success.

Cheers!

Dec 30, 2009 3:02 PM ET #19 (permalink)

Same to you Wolf, although I prefer to call you Jamez. \m/\m/!!!

Dec 31, 2009 12:06 PM ET #20 (permalink)

Don't know why 2009 sucked. Some great shit happened in 09.

Obama.(Ha-Ha)

High Unemployment #'s

Health care Reform

Good year 4 the smell of charred flesh in the west. ( Fuckin Burn California Burn)

The Iran Protests

H1N1 Virus

Good hunting in the Seattle Washington area .FTP !!!!

30 thousand more souls 2 Afghanistan

Michael Jackson. DEAD!!!!

Jimmy " The Rev" Sullivan. DEAD!!!

Im sure I'll think of more. This list could go on and on.

Dec 31, 2009 9:44 PM ET #21 (permalink)

I won't be online later so I'ma say this now:
Happy New Year, everyone!

A New Year does not guarantee everything to be perfect, but I hope this New Year brings you all moments of joy. After all, that's what Life is made of. Moments.
Take a hold of the good shit and don't let go. \m/

I'ma go party now.

Jan 1, 2010 2:05 AM ET #22 (permalink)

happppy new yers yu guys.l my year suckkekd. heartbraek and lonelynss. hope next yearss bbeter. sorrt im drunking now.

Jan 1, 2010 6:00 AM ET #23 (permalink)

"im drunking now" - lmao!!

Jan 1, 2010 12:43 PM ET #24 (permalink)

Haha, sorry. I had a few drinks last night.. by myself. :/ I'm so pathetic, lol.

Jan 3, 2010 9:43 AM ET #25 (permalink)

Hammerheart, seems to me that you´ve been drunk all December.. Everything ok, mate?

Be careful with the drinks. Someone might mistaken you for a Finn soon. ;)

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum