"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

any soccer fans out there

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> any soccer fans out there

Displaying posts 201 - 225 of 886 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 35 36 Last
Displaying posts 201 - 225 of 886 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 35 36 Last
May 30, 2010 12:55 PM ET #201 (permalink)

And England managed to embarrass themselves by managing to let japan beat themselves in the friendly today.

At least Dagenham & Redbridge FC know how to win a game.

3 -2 against rotherham, well done the Daggers league one awaits

Jun 5, 2010 5:21 AM ET #202 (permalink)

The World Cup starts friday! YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHH!!! With England vs USA on next saturday

Jun 5, 2010 6:39 AM ET #203 (permalink)

Hell yes !!!

Jun 7, 2010 7:49 PM ET #204 (permalink)

helll yeah the big event
only sucks to watch the game due to time diverence

england will kick them damm americans back home soon

Jun 8, 2010 4:16 AM ET #205 (permalink)

No doubt mate, England's got the group in the bag! I reckon USA will go through as runners up though.

Jun 8, 2010 6:16 AM ET #206 (permalink)

GO AMERICA!!!!

I'm only going to keep watching as long as USA is in. Once they're out, so am I

Jun 8, 2010 5:21 PM ET #207 (permalink)

iron man keep on watching the games its fun to watch
even when the usa dont make it far
i do hope they make at least to the first round

Jun 8, 2010 8:14 PM ET #208 (permalink)

This is the one month every 4 years that I get looked at like a traitor...GO ENGLAND! USA vs. England on Saturday morning. Should be a pretty good game even though Jozy Altidore may be off of the USA roster with a hamstring issue. Unlike other years, I think the US is a really good team but England should handle them with little issue. Right?

Jun 8, 2010 8:19 PM ET #209 (permalink)

USA certainly aren't bad and they won't be a push over, but I reckon England will do the job. 2-1 England I reckon.

Also, I thought I'd do this for casual football fans. Here's the list of groups and teams this year:

Group A:
South Africa
Mexico
Uruguay
France

Group B:
South Korea
Greece
Argentina
Nigeria

Group C:
England
USA
Algeria
Slovenia

Group D:
Germany
Australia
Serbia
Ghana

Group E:
Netherlands
Japan
Denmark
Cameroon

Group F:
Italy
Paraguay
Slovakia
New Zealand

Group G:
Brazil
North Korea
Portugal
Ivory Coast

Group H:
Spain
Switzerland
Chile
Honduras

(This post was last edited on June 8, 2010 at 8:26 PM ET.)

Jun 8, 2010 9:05 PM ET #210 (permalink)

I really want North Korea to win. That would be hilarious.

Jun 8, 2010 11:18 PM ET #211 (permalink)

IronMan: That would be funny except for the fact that if they don't win then the rest of the world might pay...BOOM! haha.

Thanks Oz! Im guessing Argentina is going to breeze right through their group, yeah? Group G wouldve been a lot more interesting if Drogba wasnt hurt. I love watching that guy play (unless its against Man United haha).

Is Brazil supposed to be as good this year as they are every damn year? I know Ronaldo isnt on the roster but did they decide to put Ronaldhino back on there? They would be dumb not to, right? Kaka is the shit though.

Jun 9, 2010 1:43 AM ET #212 (permalink)

Would love England to win but as a football fan who knows how good the foriegn stars are my choice wouldbe Spain or Brazil.. emphasis being on Spain. some of their players are sickeningly good.

Jun 9, 2010 1:44 AM ET #213 (permalink)

But still....

COME ON ENGLAND

"starts singing three lions"

Jun 9, 2010 3:17 AM ET #214 (permalink)

A mate of mine put £1 on North Korea to win because the odds are 2000/1. Obviously I want England to win and we definitely have a good chance but I reckon this could also finally be the year for Spain or Holland.

MS: Argentina will probably pass their group, but they do have some stiff competition there. None of those teams are easy to beat.

*joins Jackrum in singing Three Lions before doing the John Barnes rap from World In Motion*

Jun 9, 2010 5:53 AM ET #215 (permalink)

Yeah, I think Spain's gonna win it. Though, they did lose to China (bwahahahaha)

*starts to join in singing Three Lions, but doesn't know the words and starts singing the Star Spangled Banner*

Jun 9, 2010 3:03 PM ET #216 (permalink)

Oz, never sing the john barnes rap... ever. its fucking evil.. and dont he look like a fat wigan fan in the marsbar advert.

Jun 9, 2010 5:02 PM ET #217 (permalink)

OZ: Oh, okay. I remember watching a show on American TV about the World Cup awhile back and they were saying that Argentina were the favored team to win it all. Stupis American TV....haha.

*taps IronMan on the shoulder, hands him the lyrics to The Lion King song* "I think that is what they're talking about" haha. I think I need to learn that song so I can join in with all of the English people when the US and England match is going on Saturday at the pub.

Anyone got lyrics? Oz? Jackrum?

Jun 9, 2010 6:39 PM ET #218 (permalink)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7RdwrW9_fQ There ya go MS. Learn it well :)

Argentina are definitely the favourites to win their group, but it won't be easy for them. If England don't win Group C then I'll be shocked.

Jun 9, 2010 7:35 PM ET #219 (permalink)

Thanks Oz! I appreciate it. Im pretty sure Ill shock (read: embarrass) those English people at the bar with some song. haha!

Yeah, you know who Im glad isnt in Group C cuz of an injury? Martn Skirtel (spelling?)...that dude literally looks how his name sounds. Know what Im saying? I hate him on Liverpool and I hate his face for some reason. haha.

Edit: Is this a joke or is this really the song for this year's World Cup?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rebr9ueiB7Y&feature=related

(This post was last edited on June 9, 2010 at 7:44 PM ET.)

Jun 10, 2010 10:54 AM ET #220 (permalink)

I'll be supporting Holland, as I've got family there, plus it's a kick ass team!!

As for England... well the hopes are high as always, but I wouldn't be suprised if USA beat them. It's the same story every 4 years: "This year we'll take it!" and then, oh well..

Jun 10, 2010 7:04 PM ET #221 (permalink)

wolf, i will watch the championship game. not into soccer that much but i always watch the final game!!!!

Jun 10, 2010 7:50 PM ET #222 (permalink)

Australia hopefully will make it through the first round... hopefully.

Jun 10, 2010 8:10 PM ET #223 (permalink)

Branded mate, cool man, I just hope it'll be worth it and that us high-speed sport fans (Hockey, American Football) are not gonna fall asleep of pure boredom... ;) We'll see, but should be pretty fucking good stuff, starting today!

And... I'll support Netherlands!! All the way!!

I'd like to see good performances from USA, Australia and... USA and Australia. Ok, maybe a bit from Germany as well, since I've got loads of good friends left there.

And, as a "Fair Play" bloke, I'd like to wish the most endless amount of misery to Spain!! Yes! Hopefully those cunts will have the most miserable World Cup ever and hopefully.

Today's the 11th of June. = May the boredom begin!

Jun 11, 2010 3:57 PM ET #224 (permalink)

HAHA! Nice rant WOLF7!!

Hey Oz...I put on the closed captioning during Ally Mcoist's commentary and it came up as wing-dings. haha. I can never understand what that dude is saying...

I was imagining that Mexico wouldve won their match against the host nation but S. Africa held their own. Good job boys.

Jun 11, 2010 11:37 PM ET #225 (permalink)

go SPAIN!!!!!!!

im also going for australia tho

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum