"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

any soccer fans out there

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> any soccer fans out there

Displaying posts 76 - 100 of 886 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 35 36 Last
Displaying posts 76 - 100 of 886 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 35 36 Last
Feb 24, 2010 6:25 PM ET #76 (permalink)

Congratz to INTER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb 25, 2010 3:42 AM ET #77 (permalink)

looked like a good game from the highlights.. same with VFB vs Barca

Feb 25, 2010 5:44 AM ET #78 (permalink)

damm in deed it was a good game
few more moths before the big event got some days of than so i can watch the games in a bar and have fun
but still think portugal will go all the way
even i am a dutch soccer fan dont think holland will go all the way
as well england
\but hey who cares as long we had fun

Feb 25, 2010 10:54 AM ET #79 (permalink)

Yes it was a really good game!!!
Lucio got a bad kick though lol Ouch Ouch lol

Mar 1, 2010 4:55 AM ET #80 (permalink)

Man utd win the league cup again..

Spurs beat everton 2-1 to stay in 4t place..

And Dagenham & Redbridge beat Grimsby town 2-0 to make it 26 games without a win for grimsby

Mar 1, 2010 3:21 PM ET #81 (permalink)

some good english soccer last night on tv

now the olympics are over we can get ready for world cup soccer

Mar 2, 2010 8:15 AM ET #82 (permalink)

Ireland vs Brazil tonight, should be a good one. Looking forward to England vs Egypt tomorrow too.

Mar 2, 2010 6:17 PM ET #83 (permalink)

will be a easy game for england oz

Mar 3, 2010 5:01 PM ET #84 (permalink)

Cor that was exciting! Good ol' Peter Crouch, leave it to a former QPR player to come to the rescue ;)

Mar 3, 2010 7:22 PM ET #85 (permalink)

What's everyone here think about Brazil's fake kick thingy (I forget what they call it)?

Mar 3, 2010 7:34 PM ET #86 (permalink)

Didn't see the Brazil game because I was out last night. I'll go look it up and get back to you.

Back. Couldn't really find what you meant man. Do you mean the Own Goal?

(This post was last edited on March 3, 2010 at 7:40 PM ET.)

Mar 4, 2010 1:08 PM ET #87 (permalink)

It's a move that has many teams up in arms and they are claiming that the move by Brazil is cheating. Look up "Paradinha". Let me know what your take is on it. Personally I think it's just deception which in my book is fair game. Just like a pump fake in basketball or American football.

Mar 15, 2010 2:42 PM ET #88 (permalink)

Chelsea has the lead again!!! ( steupz!!! ) Arsenal 2nd and Man U 3rd!!! sigh!!!

(This post was last edited on March 15, 2010 at 2:46 PM ET.)

Mar 15, 2010 3:11 PM ET #89 (permalink)

And for some odd reason this finnish idiot was drawn to support FC Liverpool...
So, it's true. We Finns don't know shit about football.

Mar 15, 2010 3:22 PM ET #90 (permalink)

^ Liverpool is 6th lol I support them!! lol they're a good team lol Torres has 13 goals and one of the English scoring leaders lol

Mar 15, 2010 3:31 PM ET #91 (permalink)

Ok, well 6th position is not the end of the world (although we'll soon be 7th, as Villa's got 2 games in hand and -2pts). 6th is a disaster position considering what the expectations were after the previous season. Por Favor, Vaya ya Rafa!

Let's see if we ever mention Liverpool again around here if they lose against the bankrupt, bottom of the board Portsmouth today (starting in 30mins)

Mar 15, 2010 3:38 PM ET #92 (permalink)

Haha! Yes but im cheering them on and im sure they'll win lol Portsmouth has it bad yes lol last and at 19 pointz :/ lolz!

And yes they'll surely be at 7th position soon lol Because i think Villa has the 7th spot right now? yeah lol

Mar 15, 2010 3:52 PM ET #93 (permalink)

Of course, I'll be rooting for them, We'll take Portsmouth... I hope. I'm a bit hesitant after we managed to stumble on Wigan as well

Mar 15, 2010 4:06 PM ET #94 (permalink)

Anyone look up "paradinha" yet? I'm interested to see what soccer fans think about the move...

Mar 15, 2010 4:12 PM ET #95 (permalink)

Wolf- You just reminded me about the Bolton and Wigan match...lol

BG- Hey hun! Ummm na i haven't looked it up yet...i'll look it up now....

Mar 15, 2010 4:25 PM ET #96 (permalink)

BG- It waz with Neymar's spot kick??

Mar 15, 2010 4:27 PM ET #97 (permalink)

BG1, it shouldn't be allowed, in my opinion. You're basically taking the goalie out by doing that. It's cheating, the way I look at it. In principal, you don't need to be a very skilled player to score that way.

(paradinha = that little false kick movement loads of players do these days when doing a penalty, simulating the kick and by doing that taking the goalie out before actually kicking the ball)

IF it is allowed, fuck man, Finland is the next World Champion! We'll just place all our players in front of the goal, just defend all through the match and the extra time, and then take it all home with 'Paradinhas' on penalties!
(ohh shit! I just gave away my masterplan... ;)

Mar 15, 2010 4:30 PM ET #98 (permalink)

Just looked it up. Definitely shouldn't be allowed as it's full on cheating. No wonder that prick Christiano Ronaldo does it often then eh?

Mar 15, 2010 4:32 PM ET #99 (permalink)

Yes i agree with you guyz!!! Hmmmm i don't think it should be allowed but hey these dayz everything seems to be allowed...lol

Mar 15, 2010 4:34 PM ET #100 (permalink)

Wolf: Interesting take on it. I heard that a lot of soccer fans were within the same column of thought as you are, whereas here in the states, deception is part of the game (like I mentioned above with pump fakes in American football), much the same way it is in war. From what I understand, the officials won't take a stand on it so what I really want to know is if it was done today, would there be a call or not?

SB: Not sure sweetie... Don't know who Neymar is??? Probably wouldn't recognize him if he stood in front of me kicking me in the nuts. lol.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum