"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

any soccer fans out there

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> any soccer fans out there

Displaying posts 51 - 75 of 886 1 2 3 4 5 ... 35 36 Last
Displaying posts 51 - 75 of 886 1 2 3 4 5 ... 35 36 Last
Feb 7, 2010 10:13 PM ET #51 (permalink)

Now that the Super Bowl has gone, we can talk about REAL football. World Cup in four months yo! (I'm sticking to talking about international football since QPR has been playing so piss poorly.) Any of our newbies have anything to say about the World Cup?

Feb 8, 2010 9:31 AM ET #52 (permalink)

damm right oz
now its time to talk about a real sport

hope holland will do good over there
but think they have a shitty team now so maybe they should be happy to make it through the first round
what about england they got a good team

Feb 8, 2010 10:01 AM ET #53 (permalink)

Have Holland lost a couple of good players then? They were super impressive in the qualifyers so I'm sure they'll get past the group stage.

England will definitely get past the first round. They do need to shape up a bit though and hopefully the John Terry scandal won't be a distraction for the team mates and they can get along fine. If England works as a cohesive unit, we should get to the semi finals at least.

Feb 9, 2010 3:00 AM ET #54 (permalink)

Wolfsburg vs FC Bayern last night. Holy shit. Bayern weren't -PARTICULARLY- good, but wow was Wolfsburg's defence bad! Leaving gaps all over the place. Their goalie knew it, too, he was getting well angry with his back line - Bayern didnt do anything special, they just capitalised. Final score: 3 to zip. Final impression: eugh. Two of the shittest German teams I've seen in a while :/

Both were decent at passing, tho. Thought I better throw in ONE positive comment hahah :P

Feb 16, 2010 1:40 AM ET #55 (permalink)

Man utd vs AC milan.. that will be a good one

Feb 16, 2010 5:35 AM ET #56 (permalink)

damm did watch ac milan last night
kick ass game
my team from holland fc utrecht lost again

no oz i think holland should be happy to make to the firts round
till so far not really impressed with the dutch team line up

Feb 16, 2010 7:50 AM ET #57 (permalink)

i only support the home team

PORTUGAL
PORTUGAL
PORTUGAL

xD

Feb 17, 2010 5:29 AM ET #58 (permalink)

Last night was a good game and man utd were lucky... Shame Beckham didnt score but maybe he is saving that for the Old Trafford game..

Feb 17, 2010 5:58 AM ET #59 (permalink)

I hope he scores the winner at Old Trafford. Just because I'm like that. Didn't catch the match last night.

Feb 17, 2010 6:16 PM ET #60 (permalink)

yeah! a football thread! im so excited...

i know im american and i gotta be all patriotic and shit but ive been an england fan since i starting watching and playing football, about 10 yrs old. i love the premier league and the mls can kiss my ass. its like watching football in slow motion with a bunch of has-beens. but enough ranting...

im goin for england national team for sure and ive always had a soft spot for the netherlands cuz any team that wears bright orange is high up in my book. funny as hell too.

btw: man united put a hurtin on ac milan which was great. rooney is a badass!!

Feb 17, 2010 7:26 PM ET #61 (permalink)

hell yeah bright orange will kick th e ass out of everyone
well at least i hope

Feb 17, 2010 7:55 PM ET #62 (permalink)

We'll see in a few months my friend :)

Feb 18, 2010 5:28 AM ET #63 (permalink)

Man utd were lucky to put one over on AC milan.

But now lets all take a minute to piss ourselves laughing at Arsenal's goalkeeper last night,.. One Own Goal. One Backpass leading to a very quickly taken freekick and goal scored...

i was crying tears of joy. i hate the scum

Feb 18, 2010 8:16 AM ET #64 (permalink)

^Funny, I'll agree, but that freekick->;goal should not have been allowed by the ref. That was just poor play on his part.

Feb 18, 2010 5:50 PM ET #65 (permalink)

when arsenal had that handball merchant thierry henry they used the quick freekick tactic at times to score.. so oh well.

Sol and the keeper were both soo shite it did my Spurs heart good to watch.

Feb 19, 2010 7:46 PM ET #66 (permalink)

When is the Everton vs Man U match????

Feb 20, 2010 4:47 AM ET #67 (permalink)

think this sunday it will be the game

going to a local soccer game tonight here on island
they are a bunch of fucking butchers when they play
at lest there will be beer and lost of blood flowing on the field

tomorow big game in holland for me fc utrecht plays my fav team
but the are slacking at the moment

Feb 20, 2010 7:08 AM ET #68 (permalink)

Everton vs Man utd will be kicking off 12:45 UK time

Feb 20, 2010 12:24 PM ET #69 (permalink)

Thankz!
Arsenal vs Sunderland match is also today i think!

I want to see the Man City vs Liverpool match 2mrw! Who you all going for in that match?

Feb 20, 2010 2:34 PM ET #70 (permalink)

thats one shitty part about living in the states. fox soccer channel is literally the only channel i have found that has matches on it. i miss quite a bit but luckily the internet is readily available so i can catch up. if i wasnt a bigger hockey fan then i would probably move to england just for the football.

on another note, that liverpool and man city game is gonna be great! i have a question for any man united fans actually in the united kingdom: do you hope for a tie between them because they both cant lose and they are both enemies, right? (i also feel a bit guilty when i root against tevez cuz he's a badass)

Feb 20, 2010 3:58 PM ET #71 (permalink)

Holy shit! After five straight losses, QPR wins! Same day as we get a new chairman. Coincidence?

Feb 21, 2010 5:22 AM ET #72 (permalink)

Oz, flavio briatorrie is one dodgy bastard.. he makes harry rednap look legit...

as for todays games.. Spurs for the win but we'll probably fuck up and lose to wigan.

Liv v man city.. need both teams to lose but thats not possible so man city can do us a favour by beating the reds and help us go above them..

Feb 21, 2010 6:15 AM ET #73 (permalink)

1-0 to Spurs I reckon mate. Haven't checked to see who else is playing today though.

Feb 21, 2010 9:25 AM ET #74 (permalink)

That Man U vs Everton match was 3-1! Steupz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Chelsea leading by 4 points now!!!! steupz! steupz! steupz!!!!

Feb 22, 2010 1:37 AM ET #75 (permalink)

Super super PAV super super PAV super super PAV Super PAVlechenko

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum