"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

any soccer fans out there

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> any soccer fans out there

Displaying posts 651 - 675 of 886 1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 35 36 Last
Displaying posts 651 - 675 of 886 1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 35 36 Last
Dec 21, 2011 12:26 PM ET #651 (permalink)

ill be tuned into the game on my computer to watch it!!

Dec 21, 2011 12:31 PM ET #652 (permalink)

Good man yourself. Plenty of Premier League games on tonight, including some of the biggest names as Man United play Fulham, Liverpool play Wigan, Man City play Stoke and Arsenal play Aston Villa (Black Sabbath's team.) Chelsea play Tottenham tomorrow which should be cracking.

Speaking of those Chelsea bastards, I must say I'm surprised to see this go to court:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/default.stm

Dec 21, 2011 5:01 PM ET #653 (permalink)

good game till sunderland scored that 3rd goal

Dec 21, 2011 5:36 PM ET #654 (permalink)

Great that Mackie got his first goal in nearly a year (he was out for 9 months after breaking his leg) but so angry with the result.

Dec 21, 2011 6:30 PM ET #655 (permalink)

i went to the page you linked to and what went to court??!!

Dec 21, 2011 6:58 PM ET #656 (permalink)

My mistake, linked the wrong page. Chelsea and England captain John Terry is being charged with racist abuse after allegedly calling QPR defender Anton Ferdinand a "black cunt."

Dec 21, 2011 7:17 PM ET #657 (permalink)

there is nothing racist about that comment!! if he had said "nigger" or something to that effect i could see it! another example of a non black person being charged with something completely contrary to the charge. If a black player had said white cunt there would be no mention of it and no court date set about it!! typical of the world govts making blacks the angels of the world and baby them their whole lives!!

i just went through a racist moment last night with a "black cunt" who works at the same place my wife does. walked into the room and spouted some racist shit at the whites in the room and i confronted the cunt about it! today i filled out a report at my wifes job place and will be emailing the home office and BBB (better business bureau) tomorrow about it! i fully expect them to sweep it under the rug as it was a black racist who said it and not a white person so its looked at as ok.

Jan 1, 2012 10:33 AM ET #658 (permalink)

Transfer window open again today! Praying to Jesus, Muhammad and Buddah that we can get Pavlyuchenko, Samba or Zamora. Really need to get back to winning ways. Two points above relegation is no good. Also, Norwich tomorrow, can't even remember the last time we beat them. Tough times.

Listening to Man City vs Sunderland on Five Live at the moment, hope Sunderland get stuffed.

Jan 8, 2012 2:12 PM ET #659 (permalink)

Horrible weekend for QPR. First an embarassing draw against MK Dons, and now I find out that Neil Warnock's been sacked. Despite our shit run lately, the man returned us to the Premier League after a fifteen year absence, for that, he's always be a club legend.

Jan 10, 2012 1:26 PM ET #660 (permalink)

RTB

jesus oz, couldnt he just drop a "u wanker" scud?
ive never been a racial/sexual vocal....guy i guess?
i mean if some one pisses me of off i just tell to either eat shit, fack off, piss, or call em a pussy piece of shit
nigger,fag,faggot, never crosses my mind, so i guess the burning question is why do these players primarly use that kind of tone?
we all remember kobe bryant calling the ref a fuckin faggot last year, idk, i guess i dont get it...bad upbringing, life in da hood? racist or prejudice i presume but it just floors me...
so was the david beckham experience in LA a success? 5 years 1 championship?...id say not really, he did however pack the house here in so cal, but he also drove up the prices in tickets and parking, fackin me...i guess he wants to stay in la but the galaxy are saying dude if u wanna stay fine but you'll have to take a huge paycut, and if anyone knows becks, as much of a talent he is, hes a poumpass/pampered/materialistic ass...
manchester city despite the loss to united still in good shape for the league...theyre a good team, saw them dispose of arsenal pretty easy...
btw oz, off topic, give us a little inside scoop on the body of the woman that was found on the property of the queens home...conspiracies, coincidece, lightning strike, hit and run, roofied, did some bad acid, whats the buzz....

Jan 11, 2012 4:26 AM ET #661 (permalink)

To be honest RTB, I think it just comes down to John Terry being a total prick. I don't think he's a racist, and several non-white members of the football community have defended him by saying that they believe it was just something stupid said in the heat of the moment, which I believe is right. Terry has always been a tosser though.

I would Beckham has raised the profile of football in America, but also he's done the MLS a big favour as the rest of the world is now aware of it. Whereas a few years ago people would have focused on the leagues in England, Spain, Italy and Germany, with smaller interests in Portugal and Russia, Major League Soccer is now also considered one to watch. By attracting the likes of Beckham, Henry and Keane, as well as installing a legend like Eric Cantona in a backroom presence at New York Cosmos, fans all around the world at least want to check MLS out. I watched the last two L.A. Galaxy games and was quite impressed at the high level of play the teams displayed, not to mention how into it the fans were. Definitely a league worth supporting.

As far as the body found at the Queens home, that's about all I know. There hasn't really been much attention paid to it.

Jan 11, 2012 11:16 AM ET #662 (permalink)

"There hasn't really been much attention paid to it."

which is typical when the media is protecting high profile people from the public!!

Jan 11, 2012 12:04 PM ET #663 (permalink)

That or because no-one cares. The queen is just there, being noisily anti-Monarchy is seen as just being attention seeking. Overall the Royal family are pretty much treated with indifference. Also, there's more important matters at hand like Scotland possibly breaking away from Britain.

(This post was last edited on January 11, 2012 at 12:29 PM ET.)

Jan 11, 2012 1:46 PM ET #664 (permalink)

GO SCOTLAND!!!!!

Jan 11, 2012 1:59 PM ET #665 (permalink)

Most Scots don't even want to become their own, independent country because they know their economy would be hit even worse amongst other things. It wouldn't benefit Scotland or the rest of Britain. I'd ask we return this thread to the topic at hand. Man City vs Liverpool tonight, can't wait.

Jan 15, 2012 11:32 AM ET #666 (permalink)

typical fucking spurs, chance to go joint top and we choke against a shit team

Jan 15, 2012 3:11 PM ET #667 (permalink)

I couldn't believe that either Jackrum, I was really hoping you'd smash Wolves too to help with our survival. While I'm on the subject of disappointing results, fuck Newcastle!

Jan 17, 2012 2:14 PM ET #668 (permalink)

R10

Hey oz,i was reading in this mornings Boston Globe that arrangements are being made for an exhibition match at Fenway Park in Boston this summer between Liverpool FC and AS Roma. Liverpool as you know is owned by the Fenway Group which owns the Red Sox. Guess its part of some tournament which also includes Chelsea FC and i think Celtic FC,i believe. I know the last soccer match at Fenway Park drew like 32 or 33 thousand which is pobably capacity for soccer. Just some useless info for you there Oz. I figured since John Henry the Sox owner bought LIverpool ,he would most likely schedule a game at Fenway.

Jan 17, 2012 5:04 PM ET #669 (permalink)

Makes sense. It'll be interesting to see how they set the ground out for the game though. I wouldn't have thought a baseball field would make the most comfortable pitch conditions.

Just watched my beloved QPR beat MK Dons in the FA Cup, making that our first win in two months and first FA Cup win in eleven years.

Jan 19, 2012 1:07 PM ET #670 (permalink)

people, its the big one on sunday.. YIDS vs man city wankers....

come on you spurs

Jan 19, 2012 1:13 PM ET #671 (permalink)

My body is ready. Should be a cracking match. We've got Wigan on saturday. Thrilling....

Feb 1, 2012 5:31 AM ET #672 (permalink)

good win for spurs last night, 3 -1 against wigan.

Feb 1, 2012 5:40 AM ET #673 (permalink)

It's a game that you'd already won on paper but it's always good to see the result confirmed. Pleased you did as it helps us out down the other end of the table. What do you think of the Saha signing?

I'm really happy with us bringing in Zamora and Cisse, hopefully they'll fit right in. Villa tonight, I'm hoping we can improve on the disappointing 1-1 draw from last time.

Feb 1, 2012 7:09 PM ET #674 (permalink)

didnt see your mobs final result tonight Oz, being stuck at work on match night sucks..

Saha signing. no idea why. to quote one guy's tweet on the spurs website. "saha, 1 goal in 18 games, might as well have signed Tim howard." i know Pav was going, after slagging off the manager n staff you are out no matter what. Harry wont take that shit from anyone.

didnt expect much from us in the window, the team is working very well at the moment and to bring in a load of newbies would be detrimental.

Hows Rangers doing? league position as you expected when you came up? any decent buys or sales in the window?

Feb 1, 2012 7:47 PM ET #675 (permalink)

Yeah, Pavs had been unhappy at Spurs for a while though so it was a matter of time before he went. I also agree that Tottenham don't really need to bring in many, if any, new players. Top four place for sure.

We drew 2-2 which was not unbelievable considering Villa were all over us, but to lost a two goal lead is very frustrating. We're still 16th but lucky for us, Blackburn, Wolves and Wigan all lost this week, and Bolton drew with Arselol, so things could have gone worse. Got Wolves on saturday which we should win in theory, but matches have never been won on paper.

As for transfers, we got Bobby Zamora at the last minute, with Djibril Cissé in just time for him to be able to play tonight (he scored after 12 minutes too). We also signed Nedum Onuoha from Man City last week and brought in Samba Diakité in loan, in addition to the previous loan signings of Federico Macheda and Taye Taiwo. We actually brought in the most players out of any Premier league club with Everton second.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum