"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

any soccer fans out there

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> any soccer fans out there

Displaying posts 626 - 650 of 886 1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 35 36 Last
Displaying posts 626 - 650 of 886 1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 35 36 Last
Oct 30, 2011 3:07 PM ET #626 (permalink)

Gotta hand it to Spurs, they were simply the better team. I'm happy that QPR were able to get a goal to be honest, happier that Bothroyd finally got off the mark. Celebrate well Jackrum.

Oct 31, 2011 4:57 AM ET #627 (permalink)

Im not one to gloat overly muchwhen it comes down to a team like QPR who i have no0thing at all against and i do hope that you do well this season, the team aint lookin too bad.

Spurs picking up a 3 - 1 win not a bad result but i was hoping for a slaughter so our goal diff would be better, ah well guess we'll have to do that against wigan or bolton.

Oct 31, 2011 5:12 AM ET #628 (permalink)

Please do, it'll improve our chances of survival :P The only thing Rangers fans will have to gloat about there is that, despite conceding three goals, Paddy Kenny made some absolutely superb saves in that match. Perhaps the best signing we've made in the last five years, worked wonders for us last season, good to see he's continuing it in the Premier League. There was nothing any keeper could do about those Bale goals though, especially the third, that was simply incredible. Likewise, I don't have anything against Spurs and I'm hoping you can nab yourselves a top four place this season. If both you and Liverpool could do it at the expense of keeping Chelsea out then I'd be even happier.

Nov 1, 2011 4:04 AM ET #629 (permalink)

Paddy kenny was the difference between defeat and slaughter. I did want the result to be a massacre so our goal dif would put us above newcastle but oh well. Cant see us going above chelski but 4th should be a solid bet

Nov 3, 2011 6:03 AM ET #630 (permalink)

I don't know mate, Chelsea have seemed very lackluster since they beat Genk 5-0. Also too many cards and I don't think Villas-Boas quite knows what to do with them yet. While I'm on the subject of Chelsea supporters, they can get fucked for the Anton Ferdinand chants.

In news that pertains to both our teams:

http://www.qpr.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=261226

We climbing in your window, snatching all yo players up.

Nov 4, 2011 10:25 AM ET #631 (permalink)

Ban Rangers, Bad Naughty Rangers... hands off our short arse striker

Nov 4, 2011 10:57 AM ET #632 (permalink)

I think it's so our midget midfielder won't feel so left out.

Nov 12, 2011 1:52 PM ET #633 (permalink)

oit, we all need midgets in the teams.. so hands off :P

Nov 12, 2011 2:31 PM ET #634 (permalink)

Haha, mind if we just take Pavs and Bassong then?

Overjoyed about England beating Spain today, plus cracking results for Ireland, Wales and Scotland. Nice few days for our fair isles really.

Nov 16, 2011 2:20 PM ET #635 (permalink)

i dont think you can afford them...

still cant work out how England beat them... but i also dont know who we played coz that wasnt Spain...

Nov 16, 2011 2:39 PM ET #636 (permalink)

Not sure about that. I think both of their contracts will run out at the end of the season so if they're going to go, Spurs will want to try and get some cash out of selling them before they move on to a free. Warnock's getting fifteen mil from Fernandes for the January window and Paris St. Germain reportedly have bumped their offer for Taarabt up to twenty mil, so providing Fernandes doesn't pocket any of the money, that's thirty five million pounds to spend on new players. I reckon we could get Pavs and Bassong for that, especially since Spurs were reportedly only asking for eight for Defoe. We'll see though.

Not sure how we did it either, I was on the edge of my seat the whole game. I actually fell asleep at the beginning of the Sweden game last night though and missed the "Barry" goal. Woke up just in time to hear Adrian Chiles' "input," which was not a nice welcome back to reality :P

Nov 27, 2011 9:57 AM ET #637 (permalink)

R.I.P. Gary Speed. Top player and he looked to be really taking Wales somewhere at last. Horrible news.

Nov 28, 2011 12:44 PM ET #638 (permalink)

my team fc utrecht lost they played bad
getting sick of ajax they a bitching about the new coach especially this johan crijff dude people he need to stop to old to give a opion

Nov 28, 2011 2:29 PM ET #639 (permalink)

My team lost on saturday too Wilco, 2-1 to Norwich, should have won by all accounts. Ah well, let's hope we can do West Brom this weekend.

Nov 29, 2011 2:29 PM ET #640 (permalink)

next sunday more luck

Dec 2, 2011 1:14 PM ET #641 (permalink)

Looks like everyone's got it tough in the Euro 2012 group stages then.

GROUP A
Poland, Greece, Russia, Czech Republic
My prediction: Russia

GROUP B
Holland, Denmark, Germany, Portugal
My prediction: Holland

GROUP C
Spain, Italy, Republic of Ireland, Croatia
My prediction: Spain

GROUP D
Ukraine, Sweden, France, England
My prediction: England

Dec 13, 2011 6:38 AM ET #642 (permalink)

Bringing this thread back to stop if falling down the pecking order. Disappointed with the loss to Liverpool last saturday but shouldn't be surprised, QPR were simply outplayed the whole game by all accounts. Man United on sunday which is going to be nasty. Getting excited now about Spurs reportedly offering Pavs to us, I'd love to have a player like him on board, and Bobby Zamora too for that matter.

(This post was last edited on December 13, 2011 at 6:39 AM ET.)

Dec 13, 2011 8:03 AM ET #643 (permalink)

how about that chelsea/manchester city game?!?! i didnt expect chelsea to score more than 1....!!!

Dec 13, 2011 8:13 AM ET #644 (permalink)

Fucking Chelsea. Of all the teams to end Man City's unbeaten streak it had to be them.

Dec 15, 2011 11:46 AM ET #645 (permalink)

oz for sure holland
but england has a good team maybe they will go allthe way
getting tired of the ajax bullshit thats the only thing the talk about on the news fire the board of directors and get your act together

dont give a rats ass about ajax love my team fc utrecht

Dec 18, 2011 4:23 AM ET #646 (permalink)

We'll have to see about England, when we want to we can be the best, but we always seem to bottle it when it comes to tournaments.

QPR play Man United today. I think we'll get slapped but I like surprises.

Dec 19, 2011 7:31 PM ET #647 (permalink)

oz who won the qpr/mu game??

Dec 19, 2011 7:51 PM ET #648 (permalink)

Man United did, 2-0. We were shite :(

Dec 20, 2011 8:22 AM ET #649 (permalink)

bummer......

Dec 21, 2011 11:36 AM ET #650 (permalink)

Mmm. There's a reason Man United are champions though, they're a phenomenal side. Just a shame we played so poorly. Hopefully we'll do better tonight. Three and a half hours until we kick off against Sunderland, who we really need to beat. Then no QPR for six days as next match is Swansea away.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum