"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

any soccer fans out there

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> any soccer fans out there

Displaying posts 351 - 375 of 886 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 35 36 Last
Displaying posts 351 - 375 of 886 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 35 36 Last
Jul 2, 2010 5:04 PM ET #351 (permalink)

SUDDEN DEATH SHOOTOUT TIME!!! DAMN THIS IS ONE CRAZY ASS GAME!!!!

Jul 2, 2010 5:17 PM ET #352 (permalink)

Awesome. This is the first one right?

Jul 2, 2010 5:18 PM ET #353 (permalink)

URAGUAY WON IN THE SHOOTOOUT! GHANA IS OUT! GOOD! NOT THAT I TRULLY CARED WHO WON THIS GAME BUT AFTER SEEING THE WAY THE REFS FROM THE AFRICAN COUNTRIES DID EVERYTHING THEY COULD TO FUCK THE USA OVER, IM GLAD TO SEE THE AFRICAN COUNTRY GET BEAT!!

Jul 2, 2010 5:19 PM ET #354 (permalink)

No it was the 2nd game. brazil lost to the netherlands earlier. But the uraguay game was one hell of a good game!

Jul 2, 2010 5:59 PM ET #355 (permalink)

Holy shit! Brazil lost to the Dutchmen? Somewhere Wilco is lying on the floor in a puddle of his own drunken drool. Did watch game. Did get fucked up and shit myself.

Jul 2, 2010 6:23 PM ET #356 (permalink)

Yea i said he was in a liquor induced coma!!!

Jul 2, 2010 7:14 PM ET #357 (permalink)

Just an FYI, both teams have to have taken best out of 5 before it goes to sudden death. Also, I wouldn't say that African refs have been fucking over America. One as alot of the refs aren't African and two as the only time America got fucked over was against Slovenia, and even if they had won that they still would have gone through as winners and been beaten by Ghana.

Jul 2, 2010 7:16 PM ET #358 (permalink)

Gents, I think the Dutch team win over Brazil was phenomenal. A class act!

Tomorrow's an awesome football day as well; the first game is Germany vs. Argentina, the second one is Paraguay vs. Cunts (Spain)

Jul 2, 2010 7:26 PM ET #359 (permalink)

I'm hoping the Germans do the Argies and of course, it would be great to see Paraguay get to the semis for the first time.

Jul 2, 2010 7:49 PM ET #360 (permalink)

Couldn't agree more, Oz. It's gonna be an interesting day. Probably gonna gain a few more pounds, but what the hell..

Jul 3, 2010 9:08 AM ET #361 (permalink)

Im hoping germany and paraguay make it to the next rd! the game with uraguay and ghana yesterday was one for the ages! sudden death shootout! that was some nailbiting moments!! AND IM STILL WAITING FOR WILCO TO COME ON HERE AND GO OFF ABOUT HIS NETHERLANDS WINNING!! But he is probably so hungover that he will not move around till 5 pm his time after sleeping it off all day!!! hahahaahahahaha, just kiddin wilco!!!

Jul 3, 2010 9:17 AM ET #362 (permalink)

It wasn't a sudden death shootout Branded. As I said before, sudden death happens if both teams are tied after five penalties. But yeah, here's to Germany and Paraguay!

Jul 3, 2010 9:17 AM ET #363 (permalink)

""and even if they had won that they still would have gone through as winners and been beaten by Ghana.""

opinions will vary on this 1!!!!!!!

Jul 3, 2010 9:19 AM ET #364 (permalink)

i call it sudden death, i know its not called that, but i call it that. in a way it kinda is a sudden death to the losing team.

Jul 3, 2010 9:38 AM ET #365 (permalink)

I can't see how. America went through as winners on goal difference but if they hadn't been cheated against Slovenia then they would have gone through on points. Either way, they played Ghana and lost.

On another subject, I'm real happy to see Capello didn't lose the England job. He could have done a better job obviously, but the amount of criticism he got for England's performance was silly. Maybe now England will start looking at players from other leagues besides the Premiership, as several didn't even seem to care they were representing their country or that they were in the World Cup. Defoe and James can stay though.

(This post was last edited on July 3, 2010 at 9:42 AM ET.)

Jul 3, 2010 10:06 AM ET #366 (permalink)

Yes! Great start! Brillian free kick from Germany! Have that Maradonna you cheating wanker!

Jul 3, 2010 10:06 AM ET #367 (permalink)

""and even if they had won that they still would have gone through as winners and been beaten by Ghana.""

""Either way, they played Ghana and lost.""

Im confused! did they or did they not make it and play ghana? NO.

So, you are just expressing your opinion on something that didnt happen. Everybody sees things differently and will say this and that about what might have been! But we both agree on who we want to make it through this next rd tho!!

Jul 3, 2010 10:54 AM ET #368 (permalink)

I think you misread the stats or something. America did play Ghana in the round of 16 and lost 2-1. Here's the stats if you still don't believe me,

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/round=249717/match=300061503/index.html

Jul 3, 2010 11:09 AM ET #369 (permalink)

i believe you. but that doesnt mean that the US would have lost the 2nd game, you are just speculating with your opinion.

Jul 3, 2010 11:13 AM ET #370 (permalink)

I kept looking at espn stations for the game and the whole time it was on abc here in america. i just tuned in at the 53 minute mark. glad to see germany up!

Jul 3, 2010 11:26 AM ET #371 (permalink)

2-0 germany!!!!!!!

Jul 3, 2010 11:33 AM ET #372 (permalink)

3-0 GERMANY!!!!!!!! FKN A!!!!!

Jul 3, 2010 11:47 AM ET #373 (permalink)

4-0 THE END IS HERE FOR PARAGUAY!!!!!!!!

Jul 3, 2010 11:48 AM ET #374 (permalink)

ARGENTINA, OOPS. IM REALLY UNSOBER AND THOUGHT IT WAS PARAGUAY. DAMN

Jul 3, 2010 11:55 AM ET #375 (permalink)

Now there's a result I did not expect! I'm still supporting Holland but frankly Germany deserves a win after that performance.

Branded: Paraguay are playing in 2 and a half hours against Spain. Be great to see them win but I have my doubts.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum