"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

any soccer fans out there

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> any soccer fans out there

Displaying posts 301 - 325 of 886 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 35 36 Last
Displaying posts 301 - 325 of 886 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 35 36 Last
Jun 23, 2010 6:41 PM ET #301 (permalink)

There won't be an England- USA final due to how the knockout stages are planned but if both teams win their Round Of 16 and Quarter-Final games then they'll play each other again in the Semis. I'm really not looking forward to England - Germany on sunday but it will definitely be exciting. I'll be glued to the edge of my seat! USA- Ghana will be an interesting match too. I'll watch that while I'm looking after my cousins.

Jun 23, 2010 6:59 PM ET #302 (permalink)

Yeah OZ,
I kind of figured.
The shit thing is , I can only read the results otherwise ill miss work because lack of sleep.

Wish I had some times to watch the games.

I'll be watching the USA -Ghana game also.

Jun 24, 2010 11:14 AM ET #303 (permalink)

I'm so fucking confused... I thought US was playing Germany in the next round? Can anyone explain the point system or do I just have to watch it for a couple of years to figure it out. Yes... I know I can google it, but i'd rather hear it explained from a fans perspective.

Jun 24, 2010 11:18 AM ET #304 (permalink)

BTW... I think Italy's goin down today.

Jun 24, 2010 12:10 PM ET #305 (permalink)

WOW... BG1!! I hope you made a bet on that one!! Incredible. Slovakia took Italy 3-2! HAA HAAA!!

On my own behalf, I would like to dedicate this moment to my slovakian friend Krisztina. And. of course to an italian fucker called Andrea I once had to put up with for 8months at work. The most memorable line from Andrea: "The only good thing about Finland is that there is many suicide", word to word. Nice... Lol, learn some english before you insult.

Excellent Slovakia!

Jun 24, 2010 12:13 PM ET #306 (permalink)

Unbelievable! I couldn't be happier with that result!

Jun 24, 2010 12:17 PM ET #307 (permalink)

Lol. No i'm not a betting man. That was a good game.

Jun 24, 2010 12:18 PM ET #308 (permalink)

Just unreal. My pulse went up for the 1st time during this cup when Italy scored their 2nd goal.

Absolutely an Awesome result for Slovakia!

Jun 24, 2010 12:20 PM ET #309 (permalink)

I can name one Italian who will be going to the Second Round though haha! I really am so happy for Slovakia.

Jun 24, 2010 3:20 PM ET #310 (permalink)

Got my orange Sun's jersey on right now in support of our brother Wilco. Do think Holland wins this.

Jun 24, 2010 5:34 PM ET #311 (permalink)

Damn Slovakians haha, their win puts NZ out - but we drew with top of the pool Paraguay so we we didn't lose a single game which is a hell of an effort for a non soccer country with a population of 4 million. Anyway, well done to Slovakia!

Jun 24, 2010 7:21 PM ET #312 (permalink)

Japan beat the Netherlands? France and Italy are out. What alternate World Cup universe is this?

Jun 24, 2010 7:36 PM ET #313 (permalink)

Japan lost to the Netherlands, they beat Denmark 3-1 though so both the Netherllands and Japan go through to the knockout stages. Japan will play Paraguay and Netherlands will play Slovakia.

Jun 24, 2010 7:43 PM ET #314 (permalink)

the french are gone.. Excellent

the italians have gone.. Excellent

England have Germany.. this is where it gets interesting..

England have played shit, rooney needs to be benched, even after the other night.. play Defoe and Crouch up front.. you put on one spurs striker and he wins the game, put on both... for fuck sake Cappello, do it.

Jun 24, 2010 7:45 PM ET #315 (permalink)

Oz: LMAO! I'm an American. What the fuck do I know about football? lol. Denmark it was.

Jun 24, 2010 7:56 PM ET #316 (permalink)

Defoe and Crouch is an interesting choice for the starting lineup. I'm all for it.

Lol no worries BG. Also I noticed earlier you asked about the points system. You get 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw and 0 for a loss. If teams finish with the same points (as USA and England did) then goal difference is the deciding factor, so since USA had more goals than England, they won the group. The winners of one group will play the runners up of another (Group C winners USA will play Group D runners up Ghana) and it goes from there. This is where it gets serious because there's no more draws after tomorrow (which is the last day of group games) and whoever loses is out of the tournament, which is why me and Jackrum are quite concerned that we're playing Germany.) Ah well, hopefully it'll be a repeat of Munich in 2001!

Jun 24, 2010 8:19 PM ET #317 (permalink)

Thanks for the run down Oz. I watched the black stars yesterday and they looked pretty fast and dangerous. Good luck to ya fellas.

Jun 24, 2010 8:31 PM ET #318 (permalink)

Do they settle draws with penalty shoot-outs from now on?

Jun 24, 2010 8:54 PM ET #319 (permalink)

If it's a draw after the 90 minute full time then they play extra time, which is an extra half hour. If it's still level after that then it's a penalty shoot out

Jun 24, 2010 9:42 PM ET #320 (permalink)

Exciting stuff.

How do you think England will do from now on OZ?
Have a chance a good chance of making the Final you think?

Jun 24, 2010 9:52 PM ET #321 (permalink)

We could do but we have a really big challenge on sunday when we play Germany. If we do beat them, we'll probably play Argentina afterwards who have been on fire this World Cup. So tough times ahead but England can make it I reckon.

Jun 24, 2010 11:19 PM ET #322 (permalink)

But, what is extremely important, and for the rest world to see is, David Beckham is a god, and Europe has no future without the winning England team! IF England loses, good heavens, the entire universe will collapse!!

(This post was last edited on June 24, 2010 at 11:28 PM ET.)

Jun 25, 2010 3:31 PM ET #323 (permalink)

The World Cup Oscars - Best Actor: The winner is... Fernando Torres of Spain!!

Jun 25, 2010 3:47 PM ET #324 (permalink)

Fucking Spain. GO ON CHILE!!!

Jun 25, 2010 4:31 PM ET #325 (permalink)

Oh man... what a garbage win for Spain. And that's all I'm going to say about it

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum