"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

any soccer fans out there

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> any soccer fans out there

Displaying posts 251 - 275 of 886 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 35 36 Last
Displaying posts 251 - 275 of 886 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 35 36 Last
Jun 17, 2010 7:12 PM ET #251 (permalink)

BG - It's pretty popular here,

We are a rugby league nation tho.

Anyone would lose to Germany tho haha.
Australian's didn't do to well , I thought they'd play a better game.
Look forward to the next game.
Our brother in NZ didn't play to bad in thier first game.

Jun 18, 2010 9:22 AM ET #252 (permalink)

Fucking hell! Serbia beat Germany! That, I did not expect!

Jun 18, 2010 9:56 AM ET #253 (permalink)

Yeah Oz, saw the match. Arrogance killed Germany's game. They clearly just got too big headed about the 4-0 over Australia. Plus Klose... what was he thinking? What a moron.

Jun 18, 2010 10:28 AM ET #254 (permalink)

This World Cup is big on upsets. I would list them all, but I'm gonna watch the USA game. I think we are gonna win. GO AMERICA!!!

Jun 18, 2010 10:46 AM ET #255 (permalink)

Well, you're presently 2-0 down...

Jun 18, 2010 11:58 AM ET #256 (permalink)

In all fairness, USA should have been allowed that third goal.

Jun 18, 2010 4:27 PM ET #257 (permalink)

hell yeah fucking germany lost
made me a good start of my vacation tonight

dammit with england they need to watch the way it goes now they will be going home
if they dont win the last game
and score some big points
tomorow holland japan will miss it i am in a aircraft flying to holland

Jun 18, 2010 5:20 PM ET #258 (permalink)

Wilco, I think the latest Slipknot album might be the perfect soundtrack for this England Team... (= All Hope Is Gone)

Jun 20, 2010 10:01 AM ET #259 (permalink)

Alrighty! Italy - New Zealand. GO NEW ZEALAND!!!

Jun 20, 2010 10:52 AM ET #260 (permalink)

I was so happy when New Zealand scored. Always good to see the underdog take the lead.

Jun 20, 2010 12:03 PM ET #261 (permalink)

Absolutely. A very nice result for NZ! Happy for them. And Italy... heh... Ok, I don't want to be mean.

Speaking of being mean, The French team.... Oz, any comment on the recent news on the team, sir?

Jun 20, 2010 1:03 PM ET #262 (permalink)

I was surprised. Although swearing at the manager can't be tolerated, Anelka is a great player and by sending him home early, France has done themselves no favours.

Jun 20, 2010 1:18 PM ET #263 (permalink)

Mate, it's worse than that now. Apparently the French team captain had a fight - like literally - with one of the french coaches during a training session. So the session was cancelled, the fitness coach - or whatever - quit, and so did the MD of the French football association. Kids kids kids...
Not that any of this really bothers me in any way... just saying ;)

Jun 20, 2010 2:57 PM ET #264 (permalink)

Bloody hell! Didn't hear about that!

Jun 20, 2010 4:55 PM ET #265 (permalink)

Yeah Oz, they're saying the French team is virtually in such crisis that it's hard to get them to play at all at this point (not that they'd really played in the previous games either.. ;)
Brazil looks strong (my opinion), with or without Kaka.

Jun 20, 2010 5:24 PM ET #266 (permalink)

Yeah the Brazilians played very well against the Ivory Coast, they should have done better against North Korea though. Holland have been the best so far I think though. Obviously I'd like England to win but if they don't then I'd really like to see the Dutch do it since they haven't won it before.

Jun 20, 2010 6:16 PM ET #267 (permalink)

The Italy - NZ match made me laugh!
Anyways Portugal has a good chance 2mrw, but gotta wait and see what happens!

Holland already has a place in the second round so congrats to them!

Jun 20, 2010 6:47 PM ET #268 (permalink)

Hey Oz,

How is England looking at the moment?
Hopefully they are doing better then my side.
Australia are taking a right flogging.

I don't know about you guys but what is the time zones that your games start?
The only decent games worth watching are at 4am on a weekday morning and I got to work.

Jun 21, 2010 4:33 AM ET #269 (permalink)

England is doing cack at the moment mate. We drew 1-1 with USA and somehow drew with Algeria 0-0. Really, really embarassing and infuriating lol. The time difference here is pretty good since South Africa is only an hour in front of the UK, so the first game starts at half 12/1 for us and the last one is at half 7.

Jun 21, 2010 6:23 AM ET #270 (permalink)

Ha - there's just something magical to see small time players draw with a team that is made up of millionaires who no doubt cruise around in sports cars in their leisure time for their skills. Sadly I didn't see the game as it aired 2am here and I was recovering from a vicious hangover from celebrating the All Blacks smashing Wales.

No doubt England will pull through Oz.

Jun 21, 2010 9:29 AM ET #271 (permalink)

New Zealand have actually been quite impressive in my opinion. The draw with Italy was no fluke and they would have won if it wasn't for that questionable penalty. Good to hear the All Blacks smashed those mouthy Welsh bastards too!

Back on subject however, I feel so sad for North Korea. 7-0. Poor bastards.

Jun 21, 2010 10:41 AM ET #272 (permalink)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOrth Korea (see what I did there?). Damn I was hoping to see USA against them in the finals. I would have never been happier.

Jun 21, 2010 10:41 AM ET #273 (permalink)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOrth Korea (see what I did there?). Damn I was hoping to see USA against them in the finals. I would have never been happier.

Jun 21, 2010 1:30 PM ET #274 (permalink)

North - Korea really went down badly after the second goal. They went totally in a coma. Just locked down.
I guess the next news about them will be - "The North Korea national soccer team executed in Pyongyang".

Speaking of a national soccer team getting executed, hopefully Spain will lose tonight... I would be extremely happy about that!

Jun 21, 2010 1:59 PM ET #275 (permalink)

I got to see some games this weekend. The Brazil game was fucking crazy stupid. Please tell me all professional soccer players don't "act" that way. I also saw the Frech team debacle. For FUCK SAKE!!! I'm a little soured from all of this. We have a saying here in the states... "Shut up and play".

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum