"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

My mouth will be in pain for the next week....

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> My mouth will be in pain for the next week....

Displaying 7 posts
Displaying 7 posts
Dec 28, 2009 9:49 AM ET #1 (permalink)

I'm getting my wisdom teeth taken out. Anybody have crazy stories about when they got theirs out?

Dec 28, 2009 2:17 PM ET #2 (permalink)

Yep... it took about 15min and the pain meds for afterwards were EXCELLENT \m/\m/

Dec 28, 2009 2:24 PM ET #3 (permalink)

I didn't have to get mine taken out, because they came in and shifted my teeth around, breaking one of them. That was painful, but the Vicodin helped out a lot.

Dec 28, 2009 2:27 PM ET #4 (permalink)

I went in to get my wisdom teeth pulled and ended up with 2 root canals. The wisdom teeth came out about a year later. I didn't take the pain meds because i'm a freak and I like the pain.

Dec 28, 2009 2:53 PM ET #5 (permalink)

i never had mine pulled. guess they came in properly. when i was younger i would not take novaine when getting my teeth drilled. i just pretended i was being tortured and wanted to see how much i could take. now days i am not so stupid. i will happily take the drugs and then go drink a bottle of jd.

Dec 28, 2009 10:23 PM ET #6 (permalink)

well...one of my friends slid down a playground slide upside down and broke all the teeth in his mouth, and got crazy super-denture things to replace them...

I've never had to take anything out of my mouth really... besides vomit after drinking, spit in general, food during sloppy eating, and lady private parts when I'm done with them. :D

Dec 29, 2009 9:31 AM ET #7 (permalink)

I had mine pulled. No big deal. "Start counting backwards from 100." I think 96 was the last thing I remember. The worst part came later and that was feeling the scabs with my tongue. One of the stitches wasn't exactly tight and I'd sometimes get food inside the suture. The only pain was cold. Getting cold inside the suture is a bit sharp.

Friend, however, swelled up like a chipmunk in late autumn. His swelling didn't go down for months. Hope yours goes well.

(This post was last edited on December 30, 2009 at 3:42 AM ET.)

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum