"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

venom

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Music Discussion >> venom

Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 28 1 2 Last
Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 28 1 2 Last
Jul 12, 2009 7:01 PM ET #1 (permalink)

did read that venom
get a new drummer
and that they are in the studio to record a album

are we looking forward to the new album

they are the gods of black metal
but the last few albums well what can i say

Jul 12, 2009 7:15 PM ET #2 (permalink)

I love Venom but I haven't heard much from the last album. What I heard sounded good but nothing special. I bought Metal Black and went to see them on that tour though. That album had some good songs on it.

Jul 13, 2009 8:06 PM ET #3 (permalink)

on metal black
did like the bbc sessions

and the song a good day to die

Jul 22, 2009 5:21 AM ET #4 (permalink)

Y

Venom will always be legendary.
However, with "Metal Black," I'm just not expecting much from them anymore. I will never stop loving "Black Metal" and "At War With Satan," though. Those albums are pure classics and will never stop being amazing.

Jul 22, 2009 5:58 AM ET #5 (permalink)

Venom... Metal Black, Prime Evil... Ressurection.
They are never the same.

Jul 22, 2009 6:30 AM ET #6 (permalink)

Y

Just remember them from before their music died.

Jul 22, 2009 6:47 PM ET #7 (permalink)

I was at the record store last weekend and a guy had a Venom CD (Black Metal) in his hand. About 5 minutes later he went to return it to the shelf from which he'd plucked it and I very sternly reprimanded him for it. I did not take no for an answer. He purchased it and as he looked back at me I gave him the horns. I told the clerk "he'll be back for more later".

Jul 23, 2009 9:37 AM ET #8 (permalink)

bg you did the right thing
balck metal and welcometo hell are untill this day still in my stereo set and on my i pod these are the god fathers
of black metal

Jul 23, 2009 9:47 PM ET #9 (permalink)

Unfortuantely my second experience with Venom showed me just how cartoonish they were. And that's coming from someone who's a Manowar fan. I don't know. I don't know how anyone takes Venom seriously.

Jul 23, 2009 10:02 PM ET #10 (permalink)

Y

Why, does a band have to frown during every picture and seriously worship the devil to play thrash metal and to put "Satan" in their album title?

Hah, Venom and Manowar... you can't compare the two.

(This post was last edited on July 23, 2009 at 10:03 PM ET.)

Jul 23, 2009 10:22 PM ET #11 (permalink)

I think the problem is that once you go "At War With Satan", who's left?

OK, so you just fought Satan, now what? Um, Thor, Michael and Gabriel, God, Jesus? Those fights seem a bit quiet compared to that last fight with Satan. I think Venom needs to take the next step and pick a fight with a being more evil than just Satan. Oh wait. Dang it! Satan was the MOST evil. Guess there's nothing left. Might as well fight Tom and Jerry. Or Itchy and Scratchy.

Jul 23, 2009 10:24 PM ET #12 (permalink)

^Because it's difficult to feel their anger when they're not actually angry, or whatever the emotion may be. If I wanna get full on into a Satanic worship moment of anger, I'm gonna have a much easier time doing that listening to a band I know actually believes in what they're doing rather than one that's just doing it because that's what's generally done.

Edit: Boltthrower beat me to it, this comment directed at Y

(This post was last edited on July 23, 2009 at 10:24 PM ET.)

Jul 23, 2009 10:37 PM ET #13 (permalink)

Y

Just because someone doesn't talk about how angry they are in interviews or don't take grim looking pictures of themselves, doesn't mean they don't have that angered passion needed to play evil sounding metal. I think its strange when people smile a lot, but that's beside the point. Yes, Venom weren't actually Satanic, but they could just appreciate how well it fit with the type of music they wanted to play. I'm not Satanic, but I too, can appreciate how well Satanic imagery and lyrics fit with metal.

Jul 24, 2009 7:29 AM ET #14 (permalink)

haha my wife hates manowar
she says bunch of woman haters
but loves venom

Jul 24, 2009 7:33 AM ET #15 (permalink)

That's too funny. My wife loves Manowar. She calls them "the sword people."

Jul 24, 2009 7:51 AM ET #16 (permalink)

Y

I don't know anything of the band's personal life. All I know is that Manowar play really bad music.

Jul 25, 2009 8:31 AM ET #17 (permalink)

man whats going on with you y
you dont really like lots of metal bands do ya
so why are you here on this site

and yes venom needs to do there satan think thats their
thing
its better than all these happy pictures of happy people
i f want to see happy people i would become a member
of a church

Jul 30, 2009 2:06 AM ET #18 (permalink)

Y

I've mainly listed bands that everyone knows about and for some reason, the reaction has been that if I don't listen to those bands, I must hate metal or something. If someone mainly only drinks Coca-Cola and Mellow Yellow, does that mean they don't actually like soda if they hate Dr. Pepper, Coca-Cola, Mt. Dew, Sprite and Root Beer?

(This post was last edited on July 30, 2009 at 2:07 AM ET.)

Jul 30, 2009 10:59 AM ET #19 (permalink)

Y: Yes that's exactly what that means. You hate soda and metal.

Jul 30, 2009 11:38 AM ET #20 (permalink)

Blindgreed1: Don't like soda or metal. Lmao!!!!!

Jul 30, 2009 11:53 AM ET #21 (permalink)

What the hell is Mellow Yellow? I don't like the sound of it.

Jul 30, 2009 1:00 PM ET #22 (permalink)

Mellow Yellow is a cheap shitty version of Mt. Dew.!
Nasty stuff.!!

Jul 30, 2009 2:47 PM ET #23 (permalink)

Faaaayyyygooo

Jul 30, 2009 2:59 PM ET #24 (permalink)

Mellow Yellow is the absolute best! I'd take it over Mountain Dew any day of the week (and thrice on Sunday). Unfortunately they stopped selling it altogether in Montana and replaced it with that new energy drink "Vault." Anybody remember Surge? For some reason parents everywhere hated that drink and had a big campaign to get it out of schools, even though it had less caffeine and sugar than Mountain Dew, which stayed in schools.

Jul 30, 2009 3:22 PM ET #25 (permalink)

Can't say that I've ever heard of Surge. Soda is nasty. It rusts your pipes. I stick to the "all natural stuff" like beer.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Music Discussion forum