"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Similar bands?

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Music Discussion >> Similar bands?

Displaying 2 posts
Displaying 2 posts
Jul 30, 2012 3:04 AM ET #1 (permalink)

Hey guys, I was just lookin for some new bands to listen to seeing as I listen to my same ol' bands for 5-8 hrs a day at work. The stuff im interested in is mostly melodic death metal, but I've recently started getting into sludge. But really, anything that sounds good is good. Some bands I like are Insomnium, Lahmia, new Baroness ( Yellow & Green), Kylesa, Amon Amarth, Daylight Dies, Swallow the Sun, Leprous, Black Cobra, Angra, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden. i also like some of Gojira's stuff, which is usually not my kinda thing as it's pretty thrashy imo. I dig Watain's Malfeitor, Entombed's Say it in Slugs and a few other bands with a few songs I like, can't think of anything off the top of my head. But essentially my musical preference is across the board. If you have any suggestions or opinions I'd like to hear em and it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Jul 30, 2012 5:48 AM ET #2 (permalink)

Ahh, I literally am having trouble giving you a recommendation because the scope is so wide. Here are some doom/sludge bands - Burning Witch, Electric Wizard, Shape of Despair, Ahab, Draconian, and the mother of all recommendations - Celtic Frost's "Monotheist" album. For no other reason than I listened to it today it kicked my ass.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Music Discussion forum