"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

MY CLUTCH/PRONG EXPERIENCE.......

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> MY CLUTCH/PRONG EXPERIENCE.......

Displaying 3 posts
Displaying 3 posts
Jul 22, 2012 8:14 AM ET #1 (permalink)

Well, I am not able to get the full set list, but here is my review:

Met up with a buddy pre-show for the ususal pre-show ritual of smoke up and feel the buzz. Doors opened at 7 and the crowd, which was standing around in the rain began to fill in the venue. We waited for about 30 minutes to let the line get to nothing before we made our way in. It felt like a freaking freezer in the place, but thats due to being wet from the drizzle and the air conditioning. Having seen Clutch 2 times prior, I knew this was going to be a great night.

8 pm rolls around and LIONIZE hits the stage. I saw them open for Clutch previously and was excited to see them again. LIONIZE is based heavily in blues, with some Floyd/Led Zepplin sound thrown in for good measure. Not knowing their songs I cant provide a set list, but they gave the crowd an excellent show. Song after song the crowd showed nothing but love to them. The energy was electrifying to say the least. If anyone reading this gets a chance to see LIONIZE, I strongly recommend you check them out. Tim Sult (CLUTCH) is also the guitarist in LIONIZE as well. All in all, LIONIZE did not disappoint anyone in attendance and I give them a 10 out of 10 for their performance. CANT WAIT TO SEE THEM AGAIN!!

Next up is PRONG!! They hit the stage ready to rock out and didnt stray from the path. Tommy victor paced the stage like a mad man. Urging the crowd more and more. He was shredding like he was 20 years old again and PRONG thrashed out from opening to end. The crowd was cheering them on but seemed a bit lackluster duiring PRONG's set. Tommy kept screaming for the crowd to get wilder, but I guess everyone was saving their energy for CLUTCH. After PRONG, my buddy and I made it to the truck for another smoke break, cause it just wouldnt seem right to se CLUTCH without a great buzz!! I give PRONG a 8 of 10 for their set. They kicked some ass, but the crowd just didnt open up like they did for CLUTCH....

10 pm hits and there stood the mighty CLUTCH!! The roar of the crowd was deafining. Neil was grinning because he knew it was about to get really freaking insane in the place. CLUTCH didnt hesitate to get things going and proceeded to let the crowd get their money's worth this night. As always Neil was the excellent showman he is. He let the crowd know how pleased he was with them. And we definitely let him know how happy we were to be there and in the presence of one of the best live bands ever!! The pits were absolutely insane. From the opening song the crowd became absolutely possessed with what seemed like endless energy and never stopped for one damn minute. Neil was kinda surprised at how crazy the crowd was getting. CLUTCH played their hearts out and we responded with absolute love and let them know that we were loving it. There was not one bad moment during CLUTCHs set and I am giving them a perfect 10 of 10........

Set list in no particular order from I can remember:
Spacegrass
The Mob Goes Wild
Escape From The Prison Planet
Burning Beard
Cypress Grove
The Elephant Riders
Motherless Child
Immortal
One Eyed Dollar
Cyborg Betty
A new song I think was "Crucial Velocity", but I didnt hear him good enough when he said the name.
A Shogun Named Marcus

If there was a re-wind button I would hit it over and over again to keep that show going forever!! I thank CLUTCH for once again making my night one to remember.

(This post was last edited on July 23, 2012 at 11:53 AM ET.)

Jul 22, 2012 9:36 AM ET #2 (permalink)

R10

Good review Branded. I agree,Clutch certainly is one of the better live bands going. They rarely if ever dissapoint. Lionize i havent heard of,i'll have to check them out. And ive never seen Prong,been a fan of thiers for a long time. Stillwish Clutch brought the tour up this way.

Jul 22, 2012 9:57 AM ET #3 (permalink)

R10, definitely check out LIONIZE asap!! Excellent band!

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum