"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Small Psychology Experiment

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Small Psychology Experiment

Displaying posts 26 - 50 of 104 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Displaying posts 26 - 50 of 104 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Dec 15, 2009 2:49 PM ET #26 (permalink)

Agent: That's why it's (in this case) Mexican-American, not Mexican American. The hyphen makes it a compound word, rather than 2 separate words.

"i just wish we can just all be equal americans and were i live the people that throw that out there are doing it because they are mexican/african before they are american and with our country falling, being american is important."

Who said she wasn't American? She lives in America, doesn't she? And what does "our country falling" have to do with cultural heritage?

Dec 15, 2009 3:10 PM ET #27 (permalink)

"pride can lead to arrogance. i just wish we can just all be equal americans"
"pride leads to racism in many ignorant people"

Lol, and the rest of the world can go fuck themselves, right? What about American pride leading to arrogance and ignorance? I don't here you railing about that.

Dec 15, 2009 3:38 PM ET #28 (permalink)

^Patriotism is international racism. Is that what you're saying?

...actually, I like that.

Dec 15, 2009 3:43 PM ET #29 (permalink)

i have said many times americans are arrogant and ignorant. i am one of them i do not deny that. so have some slack for at least i do not deny it. no one is perfect and i am not well experienced with people around the world. in fact this site has been my only real outbranching outside my little area. i have been realizing quite a bit about peole and other views because of this website. i do thank you people for helping me expand upon my views and opinions. i realize when it comes to other culturs and especialy politics (which i really do not care about- the politics) i have a short sighted view point. but i never let little shit like my personal opinions stand in the way of gettign to know someone as a person and giving them the respect they deserve. i try to not prejudge people because of personal views and opinions. trust me i am better in person when i am talking to people rather than typing.

Dec 15, 2009 4:05 PM ET #30 (permalink)

All I want to know is why people judge those who smear feces? Is my crap somehow not worthy of you to smear upon your face or body? I know everybody smears feces... I've seen it in batroom stalls world wide. Why is MY crap somehow less than that crap of your own? You're all a bunch of crap supremists. Take my crap. I give it to you to smear of my own free will. Take it... Smear it... And grow from the smearing of feces. Why can't we all just smear together?

Dec 15, 2009 4:14 PM ET #31 (permalink)

hasnt anyone told you , your shit stinks? ours does not.

Dec 15, 2009 4:31 PM ET #32 (permalink)

That's racist.

Dec 15, 2009 5:00 PM ET #33 (permalink)

yeah so? i dont give a fuck!

Dec 15, 2009 9:43 PM ET #34 (permalink)

Agent47: "in fact this site has been my only real outbranching outside my little area. i have been realizing quite a bit about people and other views because of this website. i do thank you people for helping me expand upon my views and opinions."

I feel the same way about that. Fortunately I found this site a little over a year ago, and I think I'm on my way to the right path now. It's good you see that too. This is a great place.

I don't agree with the other stuff you've said. I will say this: I will always refer to myself as a Mexican-American because that is who I am; an American of Mexican descent. Everyone else who is an American from a different descent has every right to refer to themselves as a combo of their descent and their place of birth without being arrogant and ignorant.

"i just wish we can just all be equal americans were i live the people that throw that out there are doing it because they are mexican/african before they are american and with our country falling, being american is important. more important that what race you are."

1. Saying that you just need to refer to yourself as American would mean that other races are not worthy of mentioning simply because of the country you live in.
AND
2. The people who you say are throwing out that they are Mexican/African before they are American, are, in a way, saying they're not American, or that being an American is not important; so, they're not taking this right either.

The truth is that there is no need whatsoever to separate one's descent from their place of birth. Being "equal Americans" doesn't mean you gotta leave out your descent from the title you go by. THAT would be unequal. Equal Americans are self-made by the diversity of America's people.

You are Irish/German-American. I am Mexican-American. We ARE American, no matter what our heritage.

If this matter was already cleaned up, I'm just saying what I think.

Blindgreed: Interesting response on my question, thanks.

(This post was last edited on December 15, 2009 at 10:18 PM ET.)

Dec 16, 2009 10:36 AM ET #35 (permalink)

ok i see your guy's point and stand corrected. it may take a little while for it to settle with me, not sure if it will but that is on me we do have the right to express ourselves how we want and that is cool. to each their own, cheers.

you know the more i think about it the more i will not confrom to this. i do believe we all have the right to express ourseves as we want and that i respect and can leave it alone, but beyond that i dont buy it. i refuse to confrom to this. i am metal and do not need to conform to everything society feels is correct.

(This post was last edited on December 16, 2009 at 11:29 AM ET.)

Dec 16, 2009 10:57 AM ET #36 (permalink)

Jenny: Which part did you find interesting? "Jenny: Inteligent, curious, tolerant, naive, METAL and a total hottie as far as I can tell."

Dec 16, 2009 2:43 PM ET #37 (permalink)

I've got a funny feeling that Agent doesn't want to ''confrom.'''

Dec 16, 2009 3:28 PM ET #38 (permalink)

\m/ fuck society, fuck the government, fuck conforming to others ideas \m/

Dec 16, 2009 3:55 PM ET #39 (permalink)

I'll go along with that. Fuck laws against my cigarettes!!!

Dec 16, 2009 4:00 PM ET #40 (permalink)

more than anything- FUCK OBAMA!

Dec 16, 2009 5:52 PM ET #41 (permalink)

*taps his fingers on his desk* Still waiting for Jenny to show up and reply to my question....

Dec 16, 2009 10:13 PM ET #42 (permalink)

Agent47: Glad we're all good, but there is a difference between conforming to the ideas of others, and learning from the ideas/opinions of others. Anybody can say anything, but the way you take it makes you who you are. Self-growth is totally Metal \m/

Blindgreed: Alright alright quit tappin, I'm here :) I thought the "Intelligent, curious, tolerant, naive" part was interesting. It's a good response, as there is no right or wrong answer to my question. This is how you see me, and that is interesting.

Dec 17, 2009 12:06 AM ET #43 (permalink)

Can I just say that I think this is a great Forum and Site and I think you're all wonderful people!

The main thing is, music unites us all, and that's the beauty of music, so really there's no need to be arguing amongst ourselves. Who cares where we all come from and what our origin of race is. We're all people and we all love music!

If all else, fails, however, why don't you all emigrate to Australia and become Australian Citizens?!! I'd welcome you all here with open arms!!!!!!!!

Dec 17, 2009 2:57 AM ET #44 (permalink)

Plus they'd inherit the greatest cricket team in the world. Which is reason enough to move here, really.

Dec 17, 2009 5:06 AM ET #45 (permalink)

Haha, no thanks Douglas. Idiots with a decent taste in music are still idiots, and I'll continue to put my verbal foot in their virtual asses for a very long time. However, I wouldn't mind visiting Australia one day, though New Zealand and Ireland are much higher on the priority list.

That being said, welcome to the site broseph :)

BTW sorry to continue with the highjacking of your thread Jenny, due to your lack of recent posting I just don't have anything to add other than remembering that you seem to have a well-functioning brain.

(This post was last edited on December 17, 2009 at 5:10 AM ET.)

Dec 17, 2009 6:06 AM ET #46 (permalink)

I like your comments, psythe, and as a fellow Aussie, I agree with you!!

Dec 17, 2009 6:09 AM ET #47 (permalink)

Thanks for your comments, Natsquatch. That's funny; what you said! I like it!

Dec 17, 2009 7:20 AM ET #48 (permalink)

psythe : "the greatest cricket team in the world"

^HA. Not anymore, biaaaaatch!! :P

ICC Test Championship
Team Matches Points Rating
India 32 3957 124
South Africa 30 3672 122

Australia 31 3600 116

hax0rz pwned.

Dec 17, 2009 7:28 AM ET #49 (permalink)

I've always dreamt of going to Australia. The chicks there are fuckin' steeaamy, dude. Flat out 9-10/10s.

Dec 17, 2009 10:57 AM ET #50 (permalink)

Jenny: Alright then. I just wanted you to understand that the hottie part was added because I am a man and thus a total pig. I hope you are well young one. :-)

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum