"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Where to start with Electric Wizard?

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Music Discussion >> Where to start with Electric Wizard?

Displaying 7 posts
Displaying 7 posts
Jul 5, 2009 5:05 PM ET #1 (permalink)

So I've been anticipating getting these forums up just so I could ask what's the best one or two albums to start with for Electric Wizard? I've heard Cynic's raves about them for years and just this weekend finally stumbled across some streams of them and like what I heard. But with so many albums out, which ones are the best and recommended to start with? Are there any that are not worth getting? Thanks in advance.

Jul 5, 2009 9:41 PM ET #2 (permalink)

Haha - I know this probably wasn't aimed at me but I'll add that most people prefer "Dopethrone". Funny actually because my flatmate (typical indie/punk/experimental kid) really digs Electric Wizard. Me, I prefer "Come My Fanatics...", the song "Return Trip" is worth it alone. Anyone else got thoughts?

Jul 5, 2009 10:02 PM ET #3 (permalink)

Yeah, comments on Amazon seemed to point to Dopethrone being a good one. It's good to hear from someone I know though. Thanks.

Jul 5, 2009 11:48 PM ET #4 (permalink)

Dopethrone was the album that got me into them. It's all good though :P

Jul 6, 2009 8:25 AM ET #5 (permalink)

Oh, does anyone have the remasters? Are they good/better than the originals or have issues like some remasters?

Jul 6, 2009 10:33 AM ET #6 (permalink)

"Dopethrone" was the album that got me into them as well, but I don't personally think you can go wrong with any of Electric Wizard's releases.

Aug 2, 2009 5:12 PM ET #7 (permalink)

Come My Fanatics, Dopethrone

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Music Discussion forum