"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Storm Corrosion discussion

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Music Discussion >> Storm Corrosion discussion

Displaying 4 posts
Displaying 4 posts
May 13, 2012 1:14 AM ET #1 (permalink)

So this just came out, and being two of my favourite musicians currently alive/making music, I figured we could chat about it. I've read complaints about the lack of drums and it not holding up to the par of either musicians' other projects (though there is still a lot of contention about Opeth's album Heritage). I've only listened to the Storm Corrosion album once so far, but I thought it was pretty good, especially for an album with no drums. It didn't seem to me to have the same problem that Heritage had of too much atmosphere to actual music content ratio, which could be thanks to Wilson's influence. Thoughts comments queries?

May 13, 2012 5:55 AM ET #2 (permalink)

I listened to it on YouTube. It was interesting to say the least. Not sure of it so far, but I'll give it a few more listens and if I like it enough I'll pick it up.

May 13, 2012 11:44 PM ET #3 (permalink)

I haven't heard it yet, liked what I heard of "Drag Ropes" though. To much other music on my plate at the moment! It's a sin I know.

May 14, 2012 8:53 AM ET #4 (permalink)

^Know that feeling haha

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Music Discussion forum