"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

hall of fame

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> hall of fame

Displaying 5 posts
Displaying 5 posts
Apr 12, 2012 11:04 AM ET #1 (permalink)

have been reading now for a couple of days now about the guns and roses induction to the hof
well seems that mr axel dont want to be inducted to the hall of shame
well my opinion why should the guns and roses be inducted to the hall of fame
what did they do
if you look at it they did only on decent album apitite for destruction a so so album for the rest it became all radio material nothing special i think

so if one metal band should be there this year do think pantera they created a sound that many metal bands try to use on the music style especially dime bag he inspired my guitar players nowadays rip brother dime

Apr 13, 2012 9:23 AM ET #2 (permalink)

Slash should be inducted not GnR.. its axls publicity machine n nothing more.

Apr 14, 2012 3:39 AM ET #3 (permalink)

Agreed, Wilco.

Ok. GNR was Huge, huge, huge in the 90s. BUT, that's the point: This was in the 90s! What has GNR done recently except lose all it's original members minus Axl and release a crappy album?

Seems like HOF is running out of candidates.

Apr 14, 2012 7:16 PM ET #4 (permalink)

I think partially he backed on it because of that reason Wilco. He knew he would get backlash and talk about who really deserves it. The ones that lead gnr to be able to be in the hall of fame wouldn't be accepting the award. We all know they haven't been the same without slash and it seems he will avoid anything to that mention, including this. Of course this was never out right said, but is just my view point on it. As for pantera they are definitely note worthy for such a award, but what's your opinion on the whole pantera ripped off exhorder debate?

Apr 16, 2012 2:28 PM ET #5 (permalink)

well dont really think its a ripp off thing the pantera thing have to admitt did not really think about it so much

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum