"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

question about the rest of the forum areas.

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> question about the rest of the forum areas.

Displaying 4 posts
Displaying 4 posts
Apr 12, 2012 8:52 AM ET #1 (permalink)

Are there any actual discussion threads going on any more or is it just full of trawlers posting about how awesome their mates band is.. or street teamers annoying the fuck out of everyone?

right now i havent got the time to have a look through every page and i dont have the power to delete pointless threads..

once this has been answered feel free to delete this thread unless we can get a hate of street teamers thing going

Apr 12, 2012 5:05 PM ET #2 (permalink)

Do you use the latest updates tab? That's the easiest way to see what's going on.

Also the best thing would be to force the street teamers into the Hot Deals area (or rename it) and slap anyone else on the wrist.

Apr 17, 2012 3:19 PM ET #3 (permalink)

I agree it's a problem. And like Cynic said - use the latest tab. I had something lined up to address this but had to shelve it when I realized there were problems. But I plan to get it reworked and crack down on the pointless promotion. The problem is that some people think of "message boards" like the physical type: post your crap and leave it there for all to see. This is intended to be a forum for discussion, however, not a message board.

Apr 17, 2012 6:23 PM ET #4 (permalink)

R10

Yea,it does suck having to wade through endless "check out my latest thrash,death,black,etc band threads. This crap clogs up actual discussion,chatting,i will agree! New rules for these upstart bands are in order i think. Post in a specific spot. Im all for hearing new stuff,but damn,everyone has a new band they want to promote it seems.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum