"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

2012 nhl stanley cup playoffs

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> 2012 nhl stanley cup playoffs

Displaying 12 posts
Displaying 12 posts
Apr 8, 2012 1:52 PM ET #1 (permalink)

RTB

one of the best times of the year for me personally, the nhl playoffs take life and the sport to a whole new level....
there is a couple intresting matchups in the first round, but lets face it the flyers penguins series will be a blood bath
if you have been following these teams especially the past month you will know what im talking about...
so lets talk puck, make some predictions, what you like/dislike about the game, lets talk about what a whinny pric john tortorella is, how don cherry is the bill maher of hockey talk and some potential upsets
prediction, if the penguins get by the flyers, theyll go all the way to meet either detroit or vancouver, if they lose pencil in the rangers....
dark horse teams, chicago & new jersey
lets get it on
GO PENS

Apr 8, 2012 5:00 PM ET #2 (permalink)

R10

Well i'll be damned! A hockey thread. Long time,no read. Bruins over the Caps in 5 games,and they await the winner of that Philly/Pitt bloodbath! Hopefully that series is extra physical,goes 7. I happen to agree with Torts RTB. Also agree with Mad Mike Milburys scathing remarks about Cindy and the dirty Russkie,and the other dirty,turtling Pens. Milbury was a bitch for apologizing! Boston vs Rags in the Eastern Conferance finals. Dont really follow the western conferance,but hope the Kings or the Blues represent out there. Hate Vancouver.

Apr 11, 2012 12:45 PM ET #3 (permalink)

RTB

the funny thing is about milburys comment about syd crying to refs...hes the captain of the team, isnt that what a captain is suppose to do? get in the refs ear when he sees an injustice going on to his team or in the game?
im not saying hes perfect but he gets alot of crap, and most of it is out of fear, a healthy crosby spells doom for a team...ask john tortorella
but coming from flyer or caps fan, the criticism is expected and as a pens fan not taken personal at all...
the flyers no they cant match the pens talent wise, but they seem to match up by being over physical, drawing them into fights, taking stupid penaltys...taking them out of there game, and thats how the flyers will win this series
for the pens, maintain composure and really just do what youve been doing all season, dont get sucked into the philly street brawling hockey...they do that, the pens win the series, either way its gonna be a humdinger
i really dont see an upset first round wise, just watch out for the devils, theyve been rolling, and very consistent throughout the year

Apr 14, 2012 3:36 AM ET #4 (permalink)

My Tv screen keeps on flickering in the early hours these days ;) It's pretty tiring fun actually cos games are all on at around 3-5am my time.

My 'Stars' of course fucked it all up. They played their last games so badly that it almost felt intential.

Let's see what will be in the end...

Apr 27, 2012 11:15 PM ET #5 (permalink)

RTB

well, picking series i was 3-5...which is brutal..
the cool thing is 5 of the 8 teams left have never won a cup
it be nice to see a team who hasnt won it before get it done this year
except for the capitals, they have some of the worst fans in the league...
so, were going with nashville, stlouis, the rangers and new jersey the 2nd round
all 4 series should be long and entertaining...
fuckin penguins

May 12, 2012 11:27 PM ET #6 (permalink)

RTB

rolling solo here, but what a series between the rangers and crapitals...
5-7 in picking series, i think we're gonna see 2 seven game series in the conf finals...
coyotes and rangers in 7

Jun 6, 2012 11:56 AM ET #7 (permalink)

One more victory and the Los Angeles Kings are Stanley Cup champions. Who is watching the game tonite?

Jun 6, 2012 2:19 PM ET #8 (permalink)

I am.

Jun 6, 2012 6:24 PM ET #9 (permalink)

Hell yeah BG. Good to read ya, and hopefully tonight I will be back here after the game celebrating the Kings victory. Cheers!

Jun 7, 2012 12:20 PM ET #10 (permalink)

Headed back to fvcking Jersey :-(

Jun 7, 2012 2:05 PM ET #11 (permalink)

good game last night, except for the outcome.....beck to jerzey...would have been nice for the Kings to sweep, but either way as long as they hoist the cup it is all good

Jun 7, 2012 2:48 PM ET #12 (permalink)

My boys really shit the bed this year. I was very dissappointed in Bryzy's composure between the pipes.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum