"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

glenn tipton or kk downing?

Posted in: Forum Home >> Classic Metal >> glenn tipton or kk downing?

Displaying 6 posts
Displaying 6 posts
Mar 22, 2012 4:38 PM ET #1 (permalink)

who do you like better, and do you think they are are better than maiden's smith/murray

Mar 22, 2012 7:03 PM ET #2 (permalink)

R10

Wow,what a question. Tipton over KK,played most of the leads,wrote most of the music. As far as the Downing/Tipton v Smith/Murray,man thats pretty damn tough to call. I pick the Priest tandem myself,the whole dual axe attack thing was a Priest invention. Both those guys influenced guys like Kerry King also.

Mar 22, 2012 8:14 PM ET #3 (permalink)

Can't pick out of KK/Tipton... best guitar combo thread? I think the Rick Wartell/Bruce Franklin combo in Trouble is awesome, so many great doomy harmonies and guitar sounds. I pick Priest over Maiden too.

Mar 23, 2012 12:33 AM ET #4 (permalink)

there is no right answer to this question, kk is just ridiculous with the whammy bar but i think tipton plays faster and more melodic leads, iron maiden has more complex riffs and than priest but kk/tipton just cant be beaten does anyone know of a lyrics site or something that says which guitarist is playing the solos, some songs i can tell but kk and tipton are just so similar

Apr 11, 2012 8:24 PM ET #5 (permalink)

I'm going with Tipton, but Smith/Murray beat the Priest guys anyday IMO.

Apr 14, 2012 11:09 PM ET #6 (permalink)

flamingpuke you are crazy, how cant go against priest

Reply to Discussion or Return to Classic Metal forum