"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

police brutality in montreall

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> police brutality in montreall

Displaying 5 posts
Displaying 5 posts
Mar 16, 2012 10:24 AM ET #1 (permalink)

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Anger+tears+Montreal+anti+police+brutality+march/6309863/story.html

Fuckin pigs!

Mar 16, 2012 11:06 AM ET #2 (permalink)

“We have the right to demonstrate, but as a woman, I felt threatened by them"
The "as a woman part" is completely unnecessary, playing for sympathy.

"When about six officers did appear, a few protesters started throwing rocks at them"
Sounds like the protestors started it

"If he hadn’t been wearing ski goggles, he could have been blinded"
Sounds like this guy was ready for trouble with the goggles, and only wanted the other guys to stop throwing rocks t make the police look worse

"It’s a terrible path to take because these people will lose their eyes"
Not very likely

"The man, who said he had a 20-month-old child"
Playing for sympathy again, what does that have to do with anything.

Sounds like there was foul play on both sides from the rest of the damage report. You could say they were provoked by police, you could say the protestors started it with the rock throwing, or even not letting the authorities know of the route. Could say more, but meh.

Mar 16, 2012 11:20 AM ET #3 (permalink)

some valid points. even still cops were in the wrong. this happens about once a month here it seems

Mar 16, 2012 2:25 PM ET #4 (permalink)

Yeah, the mentality is hard to deal with though. I'm from Ireland (pretty obvious), and I still support the police most of the time, despite being a republican.

It's a mob against a small group of fairly well trained people, but when shit goes down and the adrenaline starts pumping... simple things can blow up badly. It's a fine line they tread, and all too often there are those out to make trouble for no reason than they feel like it. People are still people, in uniform or no, and will often react as such despite their training.

That article was playing the sympathy angle far too much for my tastes though.

Mar 18, 2012 2:28 AM ET #5 (permalink)

no sympathy from me, the police get my support

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum