"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Soulfly Enslaved

Posted in: Forum Home >> Classic Metal >> Soulfly Enslaved

Displaying 11 posts
Displaying 11 posts
Mar 12, 2012 4:32 PM ET #1 (permalink)

just got it and its awesome fvkin eh mates!

Mar 14, 2012 5:17 PM ET #2 (permalink)

R10

Good call KK. Picked this fucker up yesterday along with the new Cannibal Corpse. New Soulfly is the heaviest album's Max has done in ages! After a listen,im fucking impressed,big time! Heavy fucking album! Blows his Cavalera Conspiracy stuff away by far.

Mar 15, 2012 3:06 PM ET #3 (permalink)

agreed r10, i am very very impressed with it, and rizzo is a total beast as always!

Mar 15, 2012 3:49 PM ET #4 (permalink)

R10

For me KK,its the beefier guitar and Max's vocals that set the new one apart from past Soulfly releases. Thanks to Zuess from Western Mass,production wise,imho. Heaviest Soulfly album ever! Heard Max wrote it in a week;you wouldnt know it though,because the albums so strong. Btw,i also picked up Mtl's Beneath The Massacre album;Incongruous. Another Chris Donaldson produced effort. Good stuff! Still looking forward to new Crytopsy and Ion Dissonence! Great stuff up there in Mtl. dude.

Mar 15, 2012 4:32 PM ET #5 (permalink)

ion dissonance, indeed man, its been a while!

Mar 15, 2012 4:42 PM ET #6 (permalink)

one thing about max though...he always uses the same lyrics lol, i dunno why. regardless I love him! cheers to the best soulfly yet! \m/

Mar 15, 2012 5:08 PM ET #7 (permalink)

R10

I hear ya kk. Lyrics are hardly Max's strongsuit. Especially with Soulfly. Still a blistering heavy album from him,which shouldnt be ignored.

Mar 15, 2012 5:12 PM ET #8 (permalink)

agreed!

Mar 15, 2012 5:30 PM ET #9 (permalink)

r10 check this band out, also from montreal and featuring elliot from BTM. theyre fuckin sick too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BBzEazDrug&feature=youtube_gdata_player

May 20, 2012 1:17 AM ET #10 (permalink)

good call kanadiankorn...this album is awesome. My purchasing of it was a pain in the ass. The people who work at best buy couldn't find it so I had to drive during rush hour with a screaming baby to the mall 20 minutes away to get it as well as the new goatwhore record. This is probably my favorite soulfly album since prophecy. World scum and gladiator are the best songs on the record and they were awesome live when they toured. Highly recommend it to all

Jun 2, 2012 11:31 AM ET #11 (permalink)

ya dixie but totally worth it! definately their best album to date

Reply to Discussion or Return to Classic Metal forum