"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Any cartoon fans out there?

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Any cartoon fans out there?

Displaying posts 26 - 50 of 51 1 2 3 Last
Displaying posts 26 - 50 of 51 1 2 3 Last
Aug 5, 2009 11:18 PM ET #26 (permalink)

Oh, and can I just say... Drawn Together.

Captain Hero is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me.

Nov 17, 2009 3:43 PM ET #27 (permalink)

I've been watching South Park quite a bit lately. Some of that stuff is just so ridiculous I can't help but laugh.

Nov 17, 2009 3:50 PM ET #28 (permalink)

You can never go wrong with Simpsons & South Park. I watched the Scientology episode last night. I was an 80's kid, so I my favorite was Transformers, followed by GI Joe & Land of the Lost. I also enjoyed Rocky & Bullwinkle, Swamp Thing, Toxic Crusador, Dino-Riders, the Maxx, Aeon Flux, Go-Bots, and Under-Dog. .....and of course the X-Men cartoons.

Nov 17, 2009 4:20 PM ET #29 (permalink)

I dunno. The Simpsons went really down hill at the beginning of this decade. It's got to the point now where I watch it and feel insulted over how bad it is. The old Simpsons episodes from the 90s were excellent and had some of the best comedy writing ever, but now it's like a parody of itself.

Nov 17, 2009 4:41 PM ET #30 (permalink)

Totally agree with you there Oz, to me Simpsons is like Metallica- first ten years gold, then limping along after the fact for longer. In the past 9 years I have seen maybe 5 or 6 new episodes. But I was RAISED on the first ten years to that for me is untouchable.
Speaking of the Simpsons, my brother's fiance bought me the Simpsons Scene-It (kind of like Trivial Pursuit) and we are going to play it this weekend over some beers. Should be fun!

Anyone wanna throw out a favorite episode? My three are:
Last Exit to Springfield- Homer's plant gives up their Dental Plan, then goes on strike- BEST EPISODE EVER!
Lisa the Vegetarian- Lisa gives up meat, and in the end Paul & Linda McCartney appear (and sing Sgt Pepper with Apu)
Homer's Mysterious Voyage- At a Chilli Cook-Off, Homer eats pyschedelic chillis and trips out. His spirit guide is a coyote voiced by Johnny Cash

Nov 18, 2009 11:02 PM ET #31 (permalink)

Those are some good episodes Bruno!

Off the top of my head, some of my favs are...

The Flaming Homer
Homer The Bodyguard
Pinchy the Lobster
Bart's Comet
Dolphins Take Back Springfield
Kidz Newz (Chocobots! with Judas Priest-like Guitar solo for cartoon outro)

Ah, so many great episodes...

Hans Mole Man anyone? There's an episode where he's in a gay club and he says, "Hey this isn't my army reunion?" Then some big buff gay dude picks him up and says "You're coming with me!" lmao

(This post was last edited on November 18, 2009 at 11:19 PM ET.)

Nov 18, 2009 11:34 PM ET #32 (permalink)

Seriously? Maybe I read too fast, but I haven't seen anybody mention Beavis and Butthead yet. That show permanently warped my brain in my early teen years. I still sometimes randomly let out Butthead's signature laugh or a Beavis-esque squawk in regular conversation...that always gets me funny looks and "what the fucks" from people who haven't known me too long.

(This post was last edited on November 19, 2009 at 12:38 AM ET.)

Nov 18, 2009 11:45 PM ET #33 (permalink)

*Slaps face*

Yes. How could I have forgotten about Beavis & Butthead?!

Nov 19, 2009 12:30 AM ET #34 (permalink)

Gargoyles was phenomenal! It's a shame Disney decided to remove the only show appropriate for the older audience and only show childrens shows.

These days, I watch The Simpsons.

Nov 19, 2009 5:07 AM ET #35 (permalink)

Favourite Simpsons episodes? Wow, tough one!

Like Father, Like Clown
Homerpalooza
Kusty Gets Kancelled
Mr. Plow
Duffless
Whacking Day
Homer Goes To College
Rosebud (Bobo)
The Boy Who Knew Too Much (Chow-dere!)

Really every episode from season 4-9 is gold!

Yeah Gargoyles was a good show, had about three of the cast members from Star Trek: The Next Generation too.

Nov 19, 2009 5:44 AM ET #36 (permalink)

Ren and fuckin' Stimpy!!

Nov 19, 2009 6:03 AM ET #37 (permalink)

Dr. Katz. You'll have to Netflix it though.
Original Looney Tunes--Bugs, Daffy, Foghorn, Marvin, Elmer, Yosimite, and the like.

Nov 19, 2009 11:55 AM ET #38 (permalink)

Favorite Simpsons episodes? Wow, that's tough. That's like asking me what my favorite band is..

I can't believe I forgot Beavis & Butthead as well. I grew up watching that with my dad, lol.

Nov 19, 2009 12:01 PM ET #39 (permalink)

Transformers

Ren and Stimpy

METALOKALYPSE

Nov 19, 2009 2:10 PM ET #40 (permalink)

Nice episodes guys! Couple of my favorties were mentioned:

Shredder- FLAMING HOMER! with Aerosmith doing Walk This Way, if I remember correctly

Diamond Oz- Pretty much all of those I would consider favorites, but espcially Homer Goes to College- "Unless movie and TV have lied to me, something has sucked the life out of these kids and it is a crusty old dean!

and Beavis and Butt-Head....the only reason I didn't mention them is bacause I am still coping with the diasppointment that hit me years ago when I bought the DVD collection and they didnt have the goddamn music videos! What originally attracted me to the show was the music videos, which introduced me to solid bands and gave me plenty of laughs with the hilarious way they would make fun of hair metal and alternative bands.

Nov 19, 2009 2:18 PM ET #41 (permalink)

Bruno: No music vids on the DVDs??? Damn, I was going to buy them mostly for that reason. I mean, the show was great, but them making fun of the music videos was CLASSIC.

Nov 19, 2009 2:56 PM ET #42 (permalink)

HH- I agree! Therefore, I cannot recommend for anyone to buy the DVD's. Back when I found out that the videos weren't on there, I went into the garage and started shifting through boxes trying to find my old VHS tapes and I found one with an Beavis & Butt-Head I must have taped 15 years ago. It had three videos that they made fun of: Poison's Talk Dirty To Me, a Mercyful Fate song, and a Grim Reaper song. Now the tape is my room at all times!

Nov 20, 2009 10:52 AM ET #43 (permalink)

Ah, I remember watching Ed Edd and Eddy, Rocko's Modern Life and Angry Beavers... love Ren and Stimpy aswell.

Edit; Damn, I forgot Beavis and Butthead aswell. I feel ashamed.

(This post was last edited on November 20, 2009 at 10:55 AM ET.)

Jan 4, 2010 5:12 PM ET #44 (permalink)

pinky and the brain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Dec 17, 2012 12:08 PM ET #45 (permalink)

I've recently gone back and rediscovered my love for Sam and Max. Brilliantly whacky humour that manages to sneak some intelligence into itself.

Dec 17, 2012 2:00 PM ET #46 (permalink)

south park rules all

Dec 19, 2012 1:25 PM ET #47 (permalink)

I'm still stuck on The Venture Bros. Can't wait for season 5.

Dec 19, 2012 5:26 PM ET #48 (permalink)

Archer

Dec 21, 2012 11:16 AM ET #49 (permalink)

Been enjoying the latest Avengers (season 2 just hit Netflix). The recent Iron Man series was pretty good too, as was Spider Man. Man, the old Spider Man cartoons are painful. I think the 1960s series is better than the ones I remember from the 80s with Spidey and Spiderman and Friends (Firestar and Iceman). I loved them as a kid, but horrible now.

My boys revisited Avatar: The Last Airbender again not too long ago, and that one is classic. Haven't caught up with the newer series yet tho.

Dec 21, 2012 12:48 PM ET #50 (permalink)

I love the sixties Spiderman series, just for "walloping websnappers!" The 90s one was the shit too.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum