"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Any cartoon fans out there?

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Any cartoon fans out there?

Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 51 1 2 3 Last
Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 51 1 2 3 Last
Jul 11, 2009 8:34 AM ET #1 (permalink)

I don't care what anyone says, cartoons kick ass. Aside from the obvious choices like The Simpsons, Family Guy, Futurama and South Park, are there any cartoons that people here enjoy watching?

Jul 11, 2009 1:09 PM ET #2 (permalink)

Clone High.

Jul 11, 2009 1:47 PM ET #3 (permalink)

Spongebob Squarepants for the win! Yea, I said it. :P

Jul 11, 2009 2:25 PM ET #4 (permalink)

ed ed and eddy
but love to read comics like judge dredd

Jul 11, 2009 2:43 PM ET #5 (permalink)

Cartoons rule!

Family Guy, American Dad, The Simpsons, Futurama, South Park, Metalocalypse, Robot Chicken, Super Jail, Swamp Thing, Transformers, TMNT (old), Rocko's Modern Life (anyone remember that one?) and the classic superhero ones also.

If only I had a tv :/

Jul 11, 2009 4:26 PM ET #6 (permalink)

Rocko's Modern Life was amazing! Angry Beavers, Doug and I had another but I lost it. Damn I miss childhood!

Jul 12, 2009 2:11 AM ET #7 (permalink)

"Doug" lol...I remember that one. Skeeter the blue skinned dude.

Gargoyles, Street Sharks, Mummies Alive, Biker Mice From Mars, Earthworm Jim, The Tick, Catdog

Jul 12, 2009 5:52 AM ET #8 (permalink)

Batman: The Animated Series anyone? That kicked ass so hard!

Jul 12, 2009 1:19 PM ET #9 (permalink)

Pffft. Onlys cartoons I watch ares the broootal's ones.

Jul 12, 2009 2:16 PM ET #10 (permalink)

Haha I had Gargoyles and Street Sharks action figures! There was also briefly a cartoon about militant rats that I can't remember the name of.

Jul 12, 2009 3:25 PM ET #11 (permalink)

Biker Mice From Mars?

Jul 12, 2009 3:42 PM ET #12 (permalink)

Ha! I must have read right over that in Shredder's post. Militant now seems like an inadequate adjective.

Jul 12, 2009 5:49 PM ET #13 (permalink)

I'm not particularly partial to cartoons, but enjoy The Simpsons and South Park on the rare chance I get to see them. There are a number of kids cartoons with adult humor that are well-written like Fairly Oddparents and Phineas and Furb. Mostly I'm enjoying introducing my kids to cartoons that I watched that are now coming out on DVD and Netflix such as Godzilla, Transformers, etc.

(This post was last edited on December 21, 2012 at 11:11 AM ET.)

Jul 12, 2009 7:54 PM ET #14 (permalink)

It's funny, because I was just recently going back and watching "Freakazoid" and "Samurai Jack" for hours on end. now I get back to this site and people are asking me if I watch cartoons. lol

The Tick and Earthworm Jim are still great for me, in the same vein of humor as Freakazoid and Animaniacs, so you know it's great.

And Superjail is the shit! (even though I've only managed to catch two episodes...)

Now Playing: Tim Minchin- "Perineum Millenium (The In-between years)"

Jul 16, 2009 1:31 PM ET #15 (permalink)

I don't get the chance to actually sit down and watch TV much, but when I do, I love to watch The Simpsons, Family Guy, Futurama, South Park, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Metalocalypse, Robot Chicken, and King of the Hill.

Edit: Oz, I love your Homer avatar; coincidentally I just watched that Treehouse of Horror episode yesterday.

(This post was last edited on July 16, 2009 at 1:33 PM ET.)

Aug 2, 2009 8:45 PM ET #16 (permalink)

Another cartoon I forgot to mention is Boondocks. That show is amazing. Can't wait for the third season.

Aug 2, 2009 9:47 PM ET #17 (permalink)

omg i'm nostalgia-ing at all the oldschool 'toons!

Batfink, anyone? Bananaman? Superted? Samurai Pizza Cats? Ren and Stimpy! Pinky and the Brain (brain, brain, brain, brain, brain, brain, brain) hahah... The Flinstones used to be a fav :)

Aug 3, 2009 12:46 PM ET #18 (permalink)

I remember thinking Aeon Flux was some wicked $hit years back. Don't know what I would think if it were on today.

Spongebob is surprisingly good.

I'm more retro with Thundercats, Voltron, Scooby-Doo & Heathcliff. Damn this is pissing me off as I sit here at my desk with responsibilites out the @ss.

What was that futuristic police cartoon with "Missy Misdemeanor" as a character?

Aug 3, 2009 4:19 PM ET #19 (permalink)

Dammit Cozen! You stole my idea. I was going to say Thundercats and Voltron. Dude, Voltron was the shit back in the day.

Aug 3, 2009 5:29 PM ET #20 (permalink)

TOG's list is fantastic.
Chuck in Angry Beavers, Cat-Dog and MOTHER FUCKIN' ROCKO'S MODERN LIFE!

Aug 4, 2009 9:41 AM ET #21 (permalink)

Go figure, the cartoon I referenced was called "C.O.P.S." and it was Ms. Demeanor. Another side note, it was credited to the guy who did Aeon Flux. I just blew my mind.

Aug 4, 2009 9:46 AM ET #22 (permalink)

Yeah I remember C.O.P.S. The remakes of the GI Joe and Transformers are complete ass.

Aug 5, 2009 9:24 PM ET #23 (permalink)

Just spent half a day watching the original Xmen cartoon series. Therefore I win.

Aug 5, 2009 9:32 PM ET #24 (permalink)

Those X-Men cartoons rocked so hard. The Spiderman ones were good too.

Aug 5, 2009 11:17 PM ET #25 (permalink)

Yeah. Not in hindsight hahah. Tried to watch the Spidey ones, couldn't. Hurt too much. Xmen ones are still pretty decent tho :)

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum