"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

why do people send god damn forwards

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> why do people send god damn forwards

Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 145 1 2 3 ... 5 6 Last
Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 145 1 2 3 ... 5 6 Last
Nov 19, 2009 9:04 AM ET #1 (permalink)

Well today i got this forward that said i was going to die if i didnt send the damn thing to idk how many people so i deleted it and then i git a phone call telling me that my favorite gma has cancer wich made no since at all so yea some fucking bull shit damn you OBAMA

(This post was last edited on November 19, 2009 at 9:10 AM ET.)

Nov 19, 2009 10:37 AM ET #2 (permalink)

Yeah, its some bullshit.

Omfg. If I don't send this pointless message to 8 people, the text message will come alive and kill my family.
o ok.

Nov 19, 2009 12:48 PM ET #3 (permalink)

Why don't people think before they create pointless threads?
Not trying to be a jerk, just offering some advice.

Nov 19, 2009 12:50 PM ET #4 (permalink)

what the fuck does this have to do with Obama?

Nov 19, 2009 1:20 PM ET #5 (permalink)

Learn to spell, dumbfuck.

*sigh* Korn fans....

Nov 19, 2009 2:12 PM ET #6 (permalink)

Fuck Obama!!!

One
Bad
Ass
Mistake
America

Nov 19, 2009 2:20 PM ET #7 (permalink)

Blind: That's classic!

Nov 19, 2009 3:46 PM ET #8 (permalink)

Someone made a bad ass mistake? I wonder what constitutes as a bad ass mistake. Perhaps tanning too much face down and getting too deep of a tan on your ass so your skin ends up becoming leathery. Now that is a bad ass mistake. XD

Nov 19, 2009 4:18 PM ET #9 (permalink)

^^^For those of you that don't already know, IN is expressing Canadian humor. It's not great I know, but please don't hold this against her.

Edit: I guess this is great stuff in Canada?

(This post was last edited on November 19, 2009 at 4:19 PM ET.)

Nov 19, 2009 4:23 PM ET #10 (permalink)

Oh why don't you just rot and die lol. Silly Yankee.

Nov 19, 2009 4:29 PM ET #11 (permalink)

well couple of months ago
if you al remember told you obama would be a mistake
well now afew months later still no improvement
so have to agree with blind greed one BIG mistake
obama likes to talk but no action

would say the next pres should be uncle ted
long live ted and the NRA

Nov 19, 2009 4:58 PM ET #12 (permalink)

Let's please not turn this thread into politics. It has nothing to do with that. It's a much more simple discussion, which is about getting annoyed from email forwards. Politics on here becomes too much of an "us versus them" thing on here so let's please avoid it here. Thanks.

Nov 19, 2009 5:08 PM ET #13 (permalink)

IN: You are incorrect. This is a pointless thread as NAT poited out. That is why we hijacked it. Try and keep up ya Canuck!

Nov 19, 2009 5:19 PM ET #14 (permalink)

Technically speaking, it did have a point, and the point was discussing email forwards.

Nov 19, 2009 6:36 PM ET #15 (permalink)

Shut up white girl, and give inferno her screen name back you bitch!

Nov 19, 2009 6:43 PM ET #16 (permalink)

LMFAO!! Yea my webcam made me look white as hell. Cut it out Jsin :)

Nov 19, 2009 7:43 PM ET #17 (permalink)

So...........

...did anyone else just fart?

Nov 19, 2009 7:43 PM ET #18 (permalink)

I'm so glad the Satanic A-hole is back. People were just being way too nice to one another lately.

Nov 19, 2009 10:49 PM ET #19 (permalink)

I didn't fart, but I think somebody just grabbed my ass. You perves...

Nov 20, 2009 4:05 AM ET #20 (permalink)

How funny. This whole site was behind Nobama during the election, and now look at it. You all hate him. Going to say I told you all so right now!

Gotta say that I know there have been tons of Dem's that hate him now, and voted for him.

Nov 20, 2009 6:12 AM ET #21 (permalink)

^I would have voted for him, and, to be honest, still would. You can't blame one person for failing to find ALL the solutions to the WHOLE world's problems. I supported Obama, and I still think, despite the limitations of his position (yes, that's right, being President of the United States of America limits a person in his choices), that he was the right choice and that he is doing the best any person with a good (read: forward-thinking) conscience could do.

Unwavered supporter of Human Rights here. Despite Obamas' fuck-ups, do not regret his presidency.

Nov 20, 2009 7:03 AM ET #22 (permalink)

I'm with Psythe. I'd still vote for him. Things take a while to change and because they didn't change overnight people seem to have a problem with him now. Mark my words, at some point Obama and his administration will do something that will change the popular opinion of him. I still like and support Obama.

While I'm not calling out anyone because I know there several people here who didn't want him in and/or supported John McCain, it does seem to always be the popular thing to slag the United States President off. Look at the time George Bush was in office, the Bush criticisms got so much that they lost all meaning (and I like George Bush, wouldn't have voted for him but he seems like the kind of guy you could have a laugh with). I also remember people criticising Clinton heavily even though he was damn good at his job. And so on and so on, I don't think I need to say anything about Bush Sr. and Reagan's critics.

Anyway, as I always say, at least you guys voted your leader into office!

Nov 20, 2009 7:55 AM ET #23 (permalink)

^Bush, Junior at least, was good only in that he was an inadvertently great comedian. Which basically means he was a complete failure as a President. I was never old enough to consider the ins and outs of Clinton or his predecessors, but looking back, I think Clinton was a fantastic Presidez.

As for Obama, "Mark my words, at some point Obama and his administration will do something that will change the popular opinion of him." I think they will - and who knows, maybe already have - but I don't think it will come to light whilst Obama maintains presidency. The unfortunate face of these short-term governings is that the general populace judges the greatness and effectiveness of their leader on extremely short-term results, despite the fact that the most beneficial results are often estimated to take years - sometimes even decades or longer - to prove their positivity.

tl;dr? We expect politicians to provide results now when we should expect them to provide solutions now and results whenever the solutions dictate.

Nov 20, 2009 10:10 AM ET #24 (permalink)

AAA-A-A-HHHHEM!!!! Excuse me?!! I don't believe ANYONE can accuse me, Bruno, godlike, OR AP1 of ever being Pro-Obama. If i'm not mistaken, I believe FAN was also very skeptical of Obama, so it would not be accurate to state that "this whole site was behind Nobama". I don't think you could say this whole site is anything other than metal heads and even that would be going out on a limb in some cases (especially the noobs in the A7X thread). Let's not make blanket statements here okay? K... Thnx.

Nov 20, 2009 11:09 AM ET #25 (permalink)

*long withdrawn sigh* So much I want to say, but so little time.

Psythe and Oz: I like you guys, but the words and opinions of people not living in this country are a far cry of people living in this one. I don't offer opinions of your Prime Ministers, past and present, because I never lived there. The same should apply to others who have never lived here. The glitter has faded and people are starting to see what is behind the mask. The last 3 presidents have eroded the fragile lining within our Constitution by expanding the size and scope of govt. The last 2 have done the most damage, while this one is still trying to eat away at the last remaing remnants of what used to be our Constitution. Ronald Reagan once said: "The scariest words in the English language are 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help".

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum