"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Favorite SLAYER memory

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Favorite SLAYER memory

Displaying 12 posts
Displaying 12 posts
Nov 18, 2009 10:11 AM ET #1 (permalink)

the first time i heard reign in blood :) EPIC

Nov 18, 2009 10:45 AM ET #2 (permalink)

Hearing Angel of Death for the first time.

Monarch to the kingdom of the dead!

Nov 18, 2009 1:39 PM ET #3 (permalink)

The first time I graced my ears to the greatness of "Show No Mercy" and "Hell Awaits"...

Nov 18, 2009 3:05 PM ET #4 (permalink)

All of these from when I went through my Slayer phase as a 14 year old

-Making my mum by me a cd called "God Hates Us All" for Christmas
-playing Carmageddon while listening to "Black Magic"
-Air guitaring with my best friend to "Die By The Sword"
-Learning all the lyrics to "Postmortem" and trying to sing them as fast as I could.. I could go on!

(This post was last edited on November 18, 2009 at 3:09 PM ET.)

Nov 18, 2009 3:25 PM ET #5 (permalink)

The chill I felt the first time I heard the beginning of Hell Awaits. I was about 15 or 16 then.

Nov 18, 2009 3:47 PM ET #6 (permalink)

I will always remember the first time I heard Hell Awaits, Decade of Aggression, RIB, South of Heaven Season, etc but the memory that stands out to me the most is listening to God Hates Us All on September 11, 2001. I recall going over my friend's house and me and my three buddies smoked up and had a brew or two and listed to the album front to back on the day it came out. It was truly fitting that album came out the day that those jihad pieces of shit attacked New York because it proved to me that, IF there was a God, how could he NOT hate the human race?

Nov 18, 2009 5:37 PM ET #7 (permalink)

Being the naked guy running through the Slayer crowd that scarred FAN for life. lol.

Nov 18, 2009 6:17 PM ET #8 (permalink)

Well I'm willing to bet that most of us went through that early-mid teen phase of yelling SLAAAAYER out of a car window, most of the time at old people or a gathering in front of a church.

When I was 14, a friend, my younger brother and I were in the living room room watching the "War at the Warfield" DVD. My parents were sleeping in the next room. We were trying to keep it quiet, "Disciple" was playing and I hadn't yet discovered that my parents were actually really cool when it came to letting me listen to such things (or really cool in general). Anyway, the volume accidentally went way up right at the part where Araya starts screaming "I reject this fucking race! I despise this fucking place!" Us, being the silly asses we were, turned off the TV immediately, scared at the possibility of waking my parents up to THAT. Well, they didn't wake up, and we turned it back on and got all giggly, haha.

Another time, in 8th grade (same age) we were reading The Fellowship of the Ring for our Pre-AP English class, and were given a selection of different types of projects to do over it. One of these options was to take a song or poem from the book and sing it. You probably see where this is going. Me and my friends in that class asked our teacher for permission to make it a group project, and she granted it. Later on she would regret it, haha. We made a video of us covering "Raining Blood" with Elven LOTR song lyrics over it. This video also featured excessive swearing, a clip of me headbanging in front of a garbage fire, and us throwing and destroying things. I accidentally hit the other guitarist in the back of the head with a very large flashlight, this was caught on tape and you could clearly hear him yell "FUCKGODAMMIT!". We ended up getting an A on the project because we technically had met all the criteria. But when my younger brother took the same class the next year, doing a song was no longer an option on the project, haha :)

(This post was last edited on November 18, 2009 at 8:09 PM ET.)

Nov 18, 2009 9:42 PM ET #9 (permalink)

Favorite Slayer memory?

How bout "Every fucking moment that I've heard Slayer ever?" yeah, that specific one was my favorite.

Least favorite?

When I found out Bullet for my Vagina ripped off "Spirit in Black" and still got to tour with them like nothing happned. They know what they did, We know what they did, Slayer knows what they did, and one day the singer for Bullet is gonna wake up with his mother's genitals stapled to his chest and his house on fire. At least I hope so.

Nov 18, 2009 10:29 PM ET #10 (permalink)

Favourite Slayer memory was when I was listening to Reign In Blood and a five year old my mum looks after punched me in the mouth, demanding a mosh pit, before headbanging in the most insane way I've ever seen. That and seeing Slayer was a good memory.

Nov 19, 2009 9:13 AM ET #11 (permalink)

Mine was when my jew ass mom walked in when in the song he started singin about the holocaust i found it hilarious but she isnt realy jewish shes just a bitch

Nov 19, 2009 11:48 AM ET #12 (permalink)

My favorite would have to be seeing them live, minus the cigarette burns I got all over my arms at that concert.

But I remember the first time I heard them. I was 13 and I downloaded (yeah, I know, I don't do it anymore though) "Angel of Death" because it seemed to be the most popular download. I was blown away and downloaded their discography. I then started saving up my cash and started buying all their CDs one by one, and now I've got everything they've ever put out, lol.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum