"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Sunday Old School

Posted in: Forum Home >> Bugs Reports, Suggestions, and Feedback >> Sunday Old School

Displaying 6 posts
Displaying 6 posts
Nov 15, 2009 9:19 PM ET #1 (permalink)

Just curious as to what some of you think about this feature. Has it helped you discover new bands? Do you enjoy reading it? Who would you like to see featured in the future? Etc.

Nov 16, 2009 8:10 PM ET #2 (permalink)

Not sure I've discovered new bands, but I do really enjoy reading em. Great to get a little history on the music we love so much :)

Nov 17, 2009 12:22 PM ET #3 (permalink)

I'd heard of Budgie before reading the SOS article about them, but learning more about them and being able to hear their music was really cool (same with the Blue Cheer article). I really enjoy reading the column every week as well, no matter who the band may be.

As far as bands that I'd like to see a column on in the future, I think Onslaught or Hirax, Forbidden, or even Xentrix, would all be great choices and would introduce at least a few people to some stuff they'd probably never heard before.

Nov 17, 2009 3:49 PM ET #4 (permalink)

I've been thinking about doing an Onslaught one for some time as it happens and Hirax and Xentrix had crossed my mind too. There's a couple of other I'm thinking of doing but I know who my next one will be ;)

Nov 17, 2009 10:11 PM ET #5 (permalink)

Yeah, hopefully more people feel the same about it as Hammerheart. I don't think people will really discover new metal per se, as we're featuring older bands of various levels of notoriety, but putting their contributions and history into perspective and providing a way to see and hear them right there is pretty cool and makes for an interesting read.

BTW - I don't think many people look up here in these feedback forums, as I've gotten little feedback when asked too. It's something I'll have to work on when I work on highlighting groups and threads that are new.

Dec 28, 2009 4:13 AM ET #6 (permalink)

love this feature, have'nt really learn of any new bands from it but get reminded of ones i have not taken the time to listen to for a long while and always nice to read some background history on em and watch the vids, which the majority are new to me.

i do have on suggestion for a band to be covered Pagan Altar, an early and often over looked pioneer in the doom genre

Reply to Discussion or Return to Bugs Reports, Suggestions, and Feedback forum