"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Please help BAN THIS FILM !

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Please help BAN THIS FILM !

Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 27 1 2 Last
Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 27 1 2 Last
Nov 13, 2009 11:03 PM ET #1 (permalink)

This is an Issue I feel deeply about, anyone out there with some sense stand up with me !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N2ldVr6JM8

Nov 13, 2009 11:28 PM ET #2 (permalink)

1. People like yourself are why people like me are so hesitant to reveal their Christian faith to others. You're a disgrace.

2. Your post has nothing to do with metal.

3. A metal website is one of the last places you should try and spread such beliefs anyway.

4. You're probably not even reading this and I'm just wasting my time typing.
Whatever.

Nov 14, 2009 12:03 AM ET #3 (permalink)

Agreed Nat.

Nov 14, 2009 12:28 AM ET #4 (permalink)

This is probably just some guy pretending to be against it but is just really a promoter in disguise who really knows his audience. I want to see this movie! Jesus leading a congregation of zombies would be sweet.

Also: I saw another video of yours and seriously, your hair is gross. :/ Lol.

(This post was last edited on November 14, 2009 at 12:35 AM ET.)

Nov 14, 2009 2:17 AM ET #5 (permalink)

I am willing to bet this fool is the kind of person you'd see protesting at a Slayer concert.

YOU'RE LISTENING TO THE DEVIL'S MUSIC!

Nov 14, 2009 2:42 AM ET #6 (permalink)

Yawn...

Good thing this guy's rants aren't contagious.

Nov 14, 2009 6:32 AM ET #7 (permalink)

How can you "listen" to extreme music and at the same time want things banned? It goes against the spirit of the music.

It's probably Cynic haha.

Nov 14, 2009 9:37 AM ET #8 (permalink)

the guy looks like a cock with a dodgy wig and glasses on..

the film will probably be shit but i'd rather see pokemon banned.. kids tv should be transformers ect, nice violent cartoons from the 80's

Nov 14, 2009 10:44 AM ET #9 (permalink)

ok what a brain dead a$$wipe! as always, ban non christian things and promote jesus as the only thing. typical facist christian tactics!!

Nov 14, 2009 1:31 PM ET #10 (permalink)

Going back and looking at the cartoons kids like me used to watch back in the 80's I wonder how that stuff wasn't protested, lol. Violent stuff, really. But it was great, lol.

Nov 14, 2009 2:39 PM ET #11 (permalink)

@InfernoNecrosis-- good point. Wouldn't surprise me. (Or it could just be a particularly stupid troll. They generally aren't known for their intelligence). But I think the actually-trying-to-promote-the-film thing is at least as likely, if not moreso.

Didn't bother to click the link. Don't really care what film he wants us to see/not see.

Nov 14, 2009 3:59 PM ET #12 (permalink)

Every one here I am thankful for your replies, even the non-heartfelt ones ( you know who you are )
This is a deadly serious Issue so let's keep the Films like this from affecting people who might go out and try to copycat .
I mean hey, I am also down with the kids. I'm hip and presentable, but I also know how to keep my wits about me.
- And I know when the line has been crossed, - Arthur

Nov 14, 2009 4:43 PM ET #13 (permalink)

You don't need to Capitalize Key Words in your Sentences to get your Point across, Arthur. Also, let's be realistic here: this is a heavy metal website. Metal has been censored enough as it is so do you think metalheads would want to censor anyone? That's just dumb. Rather than having it banned, why don't you just boycott it by telling people not to see it?

Nov 14, 2009 6:14 PM ET #14 (permalink)

OK, I'm not somewhere I can turn my sound on (thus no you-tube video), but I'm curious as to why you think this movie is harmful enough to be banned-- not just awful, in poor taste, not worth seeing, wish-it-didn't-exist, but actually actively *harmful*. Enough so to override free speech concerns.

You mention fear of copycats, but IMDB says it's a zombie flick. So, the fear is that someone will ACTUALLY create living dead?

Color me puzzled, here.

Nov 14, 2009 7:01 PM ET #15 (permalink)

"I am also down with the kids. I'm hip and presentable"

Sounds like the desperate catchcry of a man who has realised that he is irrelevant to the world and the future. Didn't watch ya vidyalink, ain't gonna. How about ban yourself.

Nov 14, 2009 7:19 PM ET #16 (permalink)

you say its a deadly serious thing, yet you dont see that your trying to supress free speech is not as serious as some dumb a$$ show. zombie movies, IMO, are stupid. seriously, you need to think about how you are going about this. do you not see this as a hypicritical thing? you ARE NOT hip and presentable!!

Nov 15, 2009 12:19 AM ET #17 (permalink)

What right do you have to have things bannned just because you disagree with them?

Just because you don't want to see it it doesnt mean someone else should have to miss out. You have no right to impose and force your views on everyone else.
If you dont like it then dont watch it, easy as that.

Nov 15, 2009 5:20 AM ET #18 (permalink)

aah a religious fool
but people he only want to safe us from all our sins in heavy metal music

Nov 16, 2009 10:41 AM ET #19 (permalink)

Didn't watch the video, but sounds like Religious heretics crying about some movie obscene to Christianity.

If the movie portrayed a Zombie Allah, they'd be fine with it. Hypocrites.

(This post was last edited on November 16, 2009 at 10:41 AM ET.)

Nov 16, 2009 12:04 PM ET #20 (permalink)

Arthur: As was previously pointed out, if you truely "had your wits about you" you'd know this isn't the stage to wage your little campaign against those who feel qualified to watch whatever they want to watch. Personally, I think you're a joke and about as "hip" as a conservative republican.

Nov 16, 2009 4:30 PM ET #21 (permalink)

This guy would love my roommate's Zombie Pope tattoo.

Blind- Conservative republican; I haven't seen those words together in years! That is like finding a needle in a haystack. Most Conservatives like myself cannot stand the Republican party because it has been hijacked by the Christian right. This guy is one such example.

Nov 16, 2009 5:39 PM ET #22 (permalink)

Anyone else notice the massive picture of Michael Jackson behind and a tiny picture of the virgin Mary next to it? Some might see that as having a false idol. I don't give a fuck either way. The movie sounds stupid and I won't bother watching it. See how easy that was? I made my own choice not to watch the film, I didn't need a bushy haired Christian fucknut telling me it's bad for me. And if you knew anything about when Christians protest against anything, all it does is increase awareness of the film and promotes it. You silly sausage.

Nov 16, 2009 7:24 PM ET #23 (permalink)

Amen Bruno. It's not so much the Christian Right, as it is the people who don't stand up for real Conservative values anymore. Hence the term, RINO's.

Nov 17, 2009 4:41 AM ET #24 (permalink)

What does this Satanist have to say? BLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Hail Satan! *chugs her wine* :P......

Nov 17, 2009 5:24 AM ET #25 (permalink)

See the huge turnout at his rally? Haha

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum