"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

My band name (Moribund)

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> My band name (Moribund)

Displaying 6 posts
Displaying 6 posts
Nov 10, 2009 7:47 PM ET #1 (permalink)

Moribund means evil or weak
style-black/death metal
from-Usa the shit country
song names so far
craving numbness(i may release lyrics or a demo)

Nov 10, 2009 7:49 PM ET #2 (permalink)

Moribund also means Approaching death; about to die,or not growing or not changing for your whole life.

Nov 10, 2009 8:43 PM ET #3 (permalink)

In what language does Moribund mean these things? Or did you just make up a word and assign it some meanings you like? I ask because in my opinion the meanings you give sound decent enough, but the actual name itself, 'Moribund,' does nothing for me. But then, I only speak English, so mayhaps that's the problem there, huh?

Nov 10, 2009 9:25 PM ET #4 (permalink)

I'd change your band name too, no offense this is supposed to be helpful. Only because Moribund seems like a pretty common word in the metal community (search Encyclopedia Metallum), Moribund Records etc. Maybe in the 80s a band name like Slayer or something worked, but now with so many metal bands out there past and present you don't want to get lost. That's my two cents after 10 seconds of thoughts. It's like calling your band Leviathan - sure it's an awesome word but if you're name isn't original, how original will people think your music is?

...but on the other hand, there are a few bands who are getting noticed now purely for having a retro sound, and they have a name which goes with that too (i.e. Mutant). So I'm sure you've figured out what your band needs.

(This post was last edited on November 10, 2009 at 10:49 PM ET.)

Nov 10, 2009 10:59 PM ET #5 (permalink)

Yeah, there's several bands named Leviathan. If I remember correctly there's at least 4 just in the U.S., lol.

Nov 12, 2009 2:04 AM ET #6 (permalink)

Leviathan just reminds me of Matodon's album.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum