"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

MMA and UFC: the thread

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> MMA and UFC: the thread

Displaying posts 26 - 50 of 62 1 2 3 Last
Displaying posts 26 - 50 of 62 1 2 3 Last
May 23, 2012 5:18 AM ET #26 (permalink)

while the nazis may be keeping mma from getting sanctioned in new york i doubt they really give two shits about diaz, they have an invasion from their moon base to co-ordinate

May 27, 2012 12:51 PM ET #27 (permalink)

well, UFC 146 was a damn great night of fights!! prelims were damn good too.

May 28, 2012 5:50 AM ET #28 (permalink)

saw the facebook prelims, watching the main events now

May 28, 2012 9:11 AM ET #29 (permalink)

how about that nelson ko of herman?? POW.....PLOP.....and silva bleeding like he was was insane. it looked like a sink nozzle spewing blood out into pools........

May 29, 2012 9:52 AM ET #30 (permalink)

I just caught up it since I missed it while at MDF. Man, those were some quick fights. I felt bad for Mayhem who seemed like he would have won that fight if he didn't have a bum knee. I hate CB and would have enjoyed seeing him get ktfo. On the other hand, I was really giddy-happy for Hardy and Varner picking up big wins to vindicate themselves. The heavyweights pretty much went as expected I think, altho I was relieved Struve got it to the mat and got the win too.

Who's in line for the next HW title shot now though? Cain gets a rematch? There doesn't seem to be a very clear line any more.

May 29, 2012 1:25 PM ET #31 (permalink)

naw DB, it gets deeper and deeper each year the more fighters they add.

Jun 27, 2012 10:06 AM ET #32 (permalink)

I'm rewatching the first Chael - Silva fight and WOW that first round is amazing!

http://www.cagepotato.com/classic-fight-anderson-silva-vs-chael-sonnen-ufc-117-full-video/

Silva ate some BIG shots on his feet and on the ground. I hope the fight on July 7th. is just as amazing. I actually hope Silva gets beat, but I'll settle for a good fight either way. I just hope it's not over too fast like the Silva-Belfort fight.

Jun 27, 2012 11:41 AM ET #33 (permalink)

Sonnen >; Silva split decision.........

Jun 27, 2012 1:10 PM ET #34 (permalink)

I want to see Silva bleed from some elbows. I don't think I've ever seen him cut yet.

Jun 27, 2012 10:56 PM ET #35 (permalink)

I just want to see him defeated and see how he reacts to it....bloody defeat would be even better!!

Jun 28, 2012 11:10 PM ET #36 (permalink)

If Silva loses, we'll have a rubber match in no time, which is fine by me too. Chael is the only one who really brought the fight to Silva, so it should be a more exciting fight than anyone else vs Silva.

Jun 29, 2012 8:09 AM ET #37 (permalink)

i hope silva gets battered bloody and beaten severly..

Jul 5, 2012 9:10 AM ET #38 (permalink)

Sonnen >; Silva UD
Ortiz >; Griffen TKO rd 2
Le >; Cote TKO rd 3
Maia >; Kim UD
Mendes >; McKenzie SUB rd 2
Menjivar >; Easton UD

Anyone else with some predictions!?!?!?!?

Jul 5, 2012 9:16 AM ET #39 (permalink)

I hope Sonnen wins, but am expecting Silva to pull something off earlier than later.

Griffin >; Ortiz by UD
Le >; Cote (if it goes to rd 3, it won't be Le, Branded - he's old and gasses way too early in his last fight)
McKenzie >; Mendes is a possibility; wrestlers are the ones most susceptible to rear naked chokes. This looks like a test - can someone of Mendes' caliber be smart enough to not fall prey to Cody's rnc?

I really haven't paid much attention to the rest of the card. Maia hasn't been able to submit anyone in ages, so always curious to see if he pulls something out or skids right out of the UFC at this point.

Jul 5, 2012 9:37 AM ET #40 (permalink)

DB i agree he gasses early but i think he has worked on cardio and will do better this fight. after Wanderlei kicked his ass, i think he re-evaluated his game....

Jul 6, 2012 7:27 PM ET #41 (permalink)

ANDERSON SILVA IS TRYING TO GET DISQUALIFIED. HE SHOULDER HIT CHAEL IN THE FACE DURING THE STAREDOWN. SILVA IS A FKN COWARD WHO IS AFRAID OF THIS FIGHT.....!!! DANA SHOULD FINE HIS BITCH ASS FOR THAT SHIT!!

Jul 7, 2012 6:44 AM ET #42 (permalink)

i cant wait for this one..

just praying nothing fucking happens at work tonight, midnight finish and i dont want overtime

Jul 7, 2012 7:50 PM ET #43 (permalink)

goddamnit it on at 3am.. im fucking shattered

and its 0341, missed some of the prelims but meh not fussed bout that, its all bout Ortiz griffin 3 and of course the big one..

(This post was last edited on July 7, 2012 at 10:41 PM ET.)

Jul 8, 2012 12:40 AM ET #44 (permalink)

anderson silva greased himself with the facial stuff they put on b4 the fight by rubbing it all over his body. so he cheap shots chael (weigh-ins), greases himself (typical fkn pussy move), and holds chaels shorts (fkn chicken shit) to keep him close during the fight....WHAT A FKN LOSER ASS CUNT BITCH...!!! yea he won, but with all that shit he did his bitch ass doesnt deserve to be called champion......after greasing himself like he did if they allow him to keep his belt then the ufc is fkn rigged for maximum payout....anderson silva just proved he is a fkn greaser!!!

Jul 8, 2012 8:02 AM ET #45 (permalink)

Sonnen fucked up with a really dumb attempt at a spinning back elbow though.

should have stuck to plan of take down and beat the shit out of him

Jul 9, 2012 11:34 AM ET #46 (permalink)

I'm disappointed at how the main event went down. I knew Chael could be caught at any time, but the shorts holding was pretty significant and tarnished things a bit for me. But oh well. Good night of fights overall.

I love how Tito complained about Forrest's "pitter patter punches" not doing anything. His face told a different story for sure.

I'm not sure who can challenge Silva now. Maybe Munoz if he can beat Weidman. Maybe Rashad or some other wrestler will have a shot.

Jul 15, 2012 1:00 PM ET #47 (permalink)

well, marquardt KOd woodley...brutally!!! and rockhold decisioned kennedy...i knew rockhold would win....

Oct 24, 2012 5:38 PM ET #48 (permalink)

The latest UFC 155 card includes:
•Champ Junior Dos Santos vs. Cain Velasquez - for heavyweight title------Dos Santos by tko rd 4
•Phil Davis vs. Forrest Griffin----Griffin by decision
•Tim Boetsch vs. Chris Weidman----Weidman by decision
•Joe Lauzon vs. Gray Maynard----Lauzon by submission rd 3
•Alan Belcher vs. Yushin Okami----Belcher by decision
•Chris Leben vs. Karlos Vemola---Leben by ko rd 3
•Brad Pickett vs. Eddie Wineland----PICKETT BY KO (IM CALLING IT NOW)!!!!
•Erik Koch vs. Ricardo Lamas---no idea
•Phil De Fries vs. Matt Mitrione----Mitrione by tko rd 3
•Michael Johnson vs. Myles Jury*---Johnson by decision
•Byron Bloodworth vs. Erik Perez----no idea
* - Not officially announced

WHOA HO HO!!! Now that is a stacked and packed card right there!!! CANT WAIT TO SEE THIS ONE....

Oct 27, 2012 8:44 PM ET #49 (permalink)

UFC 154

UFC Welterweight Championship
Georges St-Pierre vs. Carlos Condit
Johny Hendricks vs. Martin Kampmann
Francis Carmont vs. Tom Lawlor
Chad Griggs vs. Cyrille Diabate
Mark Hominick vs. Pablo Garza

PRELIMINARY CARD (FX)
Patrick Cote vs. Alessio Sakara
Nick Ring vs. Constantinos Philippou
Sam Stout vs. John Makdessi
Mark Bocek vs. Rafael dos Anjos

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook)
Rodrigo Damm vs. Antonio Carvalho
Ivan Menjivar vs. Azamat Gashimov
Stephen Thompson vs. Besam Yousef
Darren Elkins vs. Steven Siler

Whos picking who??!!

Nov 17, 2012 4:18 PM ET #50 (permalink)

hard call on a lot of the fights..

As much as i like GSP id like to see him lose, simply because im getting bored with one guy dominating a weight class. Anderson Silva is boring because no one looks like they can beat him, so why buy the fight.
GSP back from long term injury could be beaten, Condit is a great fighter but looks beatable in a lot of his fights so as champ there might be more movement at the top.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum