"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

D.R.I Thrash or Hardcore

Posted in: Forum Home >> Classic Metal >> D.R.I Thrash or Hardcore

Displaying 5 posts
Displaying 5 posts
Feb 14, 2012 10:18 PM ET #1 (permalink)

D.R.I is considered crossover legands. Buttttt what genre do they possesses more elements from. Hardcore or Thrash?

Feb 14, 2012 11:12 PM ET #2 (permalink)

like you said DRI invented crossover when they put out the album crossover, but i would say they are more thrashy, their image says thrash too

Feb 15, 2012 7:12 PM ET #3 (permalink)

Well the Dirty Rotten LP and Dealing with it are most definitely pure early 80's american hardcore, those albums aren't thrashy at all. So i'd say they're both.

Feb 16, 2012 12:36 PM ET #4 (permalink)

oh im sorry, i guess i shouldn't be answeing questions about bands i dont know too much about, i have heard thrash zone, crossover, and maybe one other album though

Feb 19, 2012 10:38 PM ET #5 (permalink)

I was asking because im acctuly seeing these guys in afew weeks. Im super stoked but im still abit new to them. So me and a buddy where talkin about this ha, so i thought i might get some others oppinion

Reply to Discussion or Return to Classic Metal forum