"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Looking to go backwards

Posted in: Forum Home >> Classic Metal >> Looking to go backwards

Displaying 3 posts
Displaying 3 posts
Feb 8, 2012 10:57 PM ET #1 (permalink)

I've hit a wall. Modern day metal is starting to piss me off, so I want to start going backwards on the metal timeline. I've been a metalhead since I broke away from listening to my parents' music, (Sabbath, Metallica, Rush, Zeppelin, etc. You guys get the idea) so I started to like metal. Except Metal is either going metalcore (which is alright, but no good enough) or hard rock. I can't find good traditional heavy metal anymore. So can someone give me some pointers, not obvious stuff though, as I already have Painkiller, Number of the Beast, Reign in Blood, and i'm probably gonna get my hands on some good Sabbath soon. Just hope y'all will do me a favor.

Feb 11, 2012 3:28 PM ET #2 (permalink)

Look up the New Wave Of British Heavy Metal, try every band there out. You're bound to like some of them if you're into Maiden and Priest.

Feb 14, 2012 11:20 PM ET #3 (permalink)

you can't go wrong with NWOBHM, you should also listen to some early priest( sad wings of destiny, sin after sin, stained class), I also highly recommend scorpions they are one of those bands that get better every time you hear them, oh and powerslave and peice of mind are way better than number of the beast

Reply to Discussion or Return to Classic Metal forum