"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Bands people love that you don't

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Music Discussion >> Bands people love that you don't

Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 95 1 2 3 4 Last
Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 95 1 2 3 4 Last
Jul 9, 2009 6:23 PM ET #1 (permalink)

Lamb Of God. I have nothing against them but... I don't get it! I was told to check them out. I did. Didn't see the attraction. "Oh you'll change your mind if you see them live!"
Saw them at Graspop a few weeks ago, I still don't get it. I know I talk about not getting LOG alot but seriously, what is it I'm missing?

Jul 10, 2009 12:08 AM ET #2 (permalink)

Good God, this one can go off on so many tangents. I think alot of the old school people here pretty much know. I want to hear from the newer folks so we can get a guage of their metalness.

Jul 10, 2009 12:19 AM ET #3 (permalink)

I think I know what you're getting at Oz - bands you consider metal and respectable, but you don't click like everyone else. For me it's Lamb Of God, Arch Enemy, Dark Tranquility, Amon Amarth, Children of Bodom, Dimmu Borgir, Testament (apart from first album) - I mean I'll probably be crucified by noobs (good name for a nerdy song) for that list but whatever.

Now Playing: Gorguts - "Clouded"

Jul 10, 2009 12:42 AM ET #4 (permalink)

For me it's Mastodon...Everyone has been saying that their most recent album is golden. I listened to a few songs and got bored instantly. I've also been hearing people rave on about "Folk Metal." It doesn't grab my interest in any way.

Jul 10, 2009 1:08 AM ET #5 (permalink)

Machine Head, In Flames, Deicide (exception: TSOR), Shadows Fall and Unearth are the big ones that come to mind.

Jul 10, 2009 1:09 AM ET #6 (permalink)

AE, LOG, and Cradle of Filth also...

Jul 10, 2009 1:15 AM ET #7 (permalink)

...and Meshuggah, Slipknot....that's enough for now lol.

Jul 10, 2009 1:26 AM ET #8 (permalink)

Meshuggah, Pig Destroyer, Kreator, Converge, and Deicide. Oh yeah, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate. All bands I respect, with the exception of Glenn Benton. Fuck that guy. I just can't get into their tunes.

Jul 10, 2009 1:33 AM ET #9 (permalink)

Machine Head is the other one I was thinking of...
Also, I'm not a huge fan of King Diamond's voice...

Jul 10, 2009 1:45 AM ET #10 (permalink)

I forgot to mention Gojira and Opeth.

Jul 10, 2009 1:50 AM ET #11 (permalink)

I'm going to make things interesting here and throw out Toxic Holocaust, Fueled By Fire, Angelwitch, and some other local bands that are TOO underground.

Jul 10, 2009 4:41 AM ET #12 (permalink)

Megadeth. Fuck I can't stand them.

Jul 10, 2009 6:19 AM ET #13 (permalink)

You don't like Angelwitch Shredder? I love the track Gorgon, cool lyrics.

Jul 10, 2009 9:49 AM ET #14 (permalink)

U2 and The fucking Police.!!

Jul 10, 2009 11:37 AM ET #15 (permalink)

godlike: I'm surprised you did not mention Springsteen again.

Jul 10, 2009 11:44 AM ET #16 (permalink)

Pestilence - Actually, I was going to mention that
fucktard again...
but then I figured I would leave that for the other conversation ;-)

Jul 10, 2009 11:49 AM ET #17 (permalink)

godlike: Yeah I hear ya. I quit liking him after Born in the U.S.A. But really dig the older shit.

Jul 10, 2009 12:07 PM ET #18 (permalink)

Pestilence - Actually, I have never listened to much of his earlier work... but living through the whole "Born in the USA" phase.. that was enough for me to grow a HUGE dislike for him.!!

Jul 10, 2009 3:20 PM ET #19 (permalink)

godlike: Right on. Guess I better move to another part of the forum if I want to talk about this more.

Jul 10, 2009 5:16 PM ET #20 (permalink)

DEP and Converge

Jul 10, 2009 6:48 PM ET #21 (permalink)

DIE is going to kill me for this... but, Dream Theater. Comatose Vigil is pretty boring (and I LOVE funeral doom, by the way). I cannot stand Elvenking. Silencer is terrible (suicidal/depressive black metal for the lose!) Iced Earth is terrible as well, minus albums like Horror Show and Burnt Offerings. I don't like Night of the Stormrider as much as other people do who often list it as their favourite IE album. Sirenia is a croc-o-shit which is only considered metal by an extremely thin line. I really loved their first album though.

So yea.... there's my opinions and such.

Jul 10, 2009 6:52 PM ET #22 (permalink)

IN: Why do you have to sugar coat everything. Just tell us how you really feel.

Jul 10, 2009 7:27 PM ET #23 (permalink)

I'm not sugar-coating anything.

Jul 10, 2009 7:54 PM ET #24 (permalink)

*Sarcasm*

Jul 10, 2009 8:13 PM ET #25 (permalink)

'Tis not always easy to tell on the intarwebz whether one is pursuing the act of sarcasm or whether one is being all cereals buisness.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Music Discussion forum