"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

UFC 143

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> UFC 143

Displaying 11 posts
Displaying 11 posts
Jan 27, 2012 7:42 PM ET #1 (permalink)

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)

Carlos Condit vs. Nick Diaz (for interim welterweight title)
Roy Nelson vs. Fabricio Werdum
Josh Koscheck vs. Mike Pierce
Renan Barao vs. Scott Jorgensen
Ed Herman vs. Clifford Starks

PRELIMINARY CARD (FX)
Max Holloway vs. Dustin Poirier
Jorge Lopez vs. Matt Riddle
Alex Caceres vs. Edwin Figueroa
Matt Brown vs. Chris Cope
Dan Stittgen vs. Stephen Thompson
Rafael Natal vs Michael Kuiper

My picks:
Condit >; Diaz UD
Werdum >; Nelson TKO
Kos >; Pierce UD

The rest Ill wait to see who wins as I don't really care who wins those....

Jan 29, 2012 9:58 AM ET #2 (permalink)

There's a lot of lesser known names, but I like the matchups. I just cannot see Condit beating Diaz, altho I'd be happy for him if he did. The only way I see Diaz getting beat is outwrestled and controlled. I don't think Nelson will crack the top tier of the UFC, but people rate Werdum way too high just because of his win over Fedor.

I'd definitely like to see Nelson expose Werdum for the overrated fighter he is. I'm pulling for Kos, Jorgensen and Herman as well.

Jan 29, 2012 5:07 PM ET #3 (permalink)

i think condit will fight a cautious fight and pull out the UD......

i think werdum will be very aggressive and go at nelson like a lion on a gazelle.....

Jorgensen is a very explosive fighter and is definitely not afraid to get in the pocket and fight his fight..........

Herman, imo, is at the end of his career in the UFC.........

KOS is definitley going to be his usual self and push the fight at his opponent............

Jan 31, 2012 9:08 PM ET #4 (permalink)

Herman as well as Jason MacDonald are both veteran fighters who were underrated and disappeared for a long stretch due to serious injuries. While they're not great, they're both better than people give them credit and I always root for them. Especially MacDonald.

Feb 4, 2012 5:22 AM ET #5 (permalink)

Should be a decent event tonight, good line ups and interesting fights. Id hate diaz to win after all the shit he pulled when he had a shot against gsp. hoping condit knocks him the fuck out.

Feb 4, 2012 10:08 PM ET #6 (permalink)

right, herman v starks.. id like to say herman but the bloke is getting on a bit and may need to think about stepping back.

fight one of ESPN main card.

Feb 5, 2012 6:20 PM ET #7 (permalink)

Brilliant fight on condit's part. The whole first two rounds I thought he was losing and being a bitchass coward besides, but once me and my friends relaized what he was doing, feeling out Diaz's pushing rhythm and all that, it became hilarious, especailly whne he started dominaitng Diaz the last three rounds. The funniest part was that Diaz had no idea how he lost.

And Roy Nelson needs to drop like two weight classes already for fuck's sake. I mean, sure it's impressive watching this fat guy knock out giant people and shrug off hits that should fell men twice his size, but after losing both the Frank Mir fight and this Werdum one, it's really bothering me that he insists on staying "the fat guy" in a weight class that he doesnt belong in. Personally, I would love to see a slim as hell Big Country fight Anderson Silva.

Feb 5, 2012 7:32 PM ET #8 (permalink)

when diaz cried after the fight, i was laughing so hard. he thinks he is so fkn good that by moving forward all night won him the fight....wuhahaahahah, condit laid it on his ass and won that one plain and simple. i wished it could have been a better slugfest, but o well, condit showed how easy it is to beat Nick Diaz!! and of course, the diaz bros had to act all retarded afterwards as usual!!!! i just hope gsp and diaz still fight someday!!

Feb 5, 2012 10:44 PM ET #9 (permalink)

The main card wasn't as exciting as I'd hoped. Glad to see Herman get the win. And Condit, altho 5 rounds of the same stuff isn't too exciting by the end. Diaz really needed to chase him down if he wanted to put the pressure on. The just plod forward ... you really can't complain about your opponent not standing still for you. I liked what Condit did overall, but would have liked to see a few more fireworks and hard shots landed. Nelson looked like he almost had Werdum at one point. I would have loved to see him finish him, but he got worked over pretty hard in the end.

Feb 6, 2012 9:05 AM ET #10 (permalink)

^thats pretty much my same outlook on the Carlos/Nick fight. Me and my friends were the assholes in the bar yelling at the TV screen for Condit to stop being a pussy for like the whole first two rounds. I'm the guy who became a Condit fan when he knocked Dan Hardy out going toe to toe, and I had been a Hardy fan for a while, so I expected another out-slugging against Diaz. In the long run though I suppose what Condit did was smarter. He knew he would get pushed, so he figured out how to counter, didnt lose his head to taunting, and picked out potshots for the majority of the fight racking up points and chipping Diaz down. In my opinion the fight didnt really get exciting until maybe the fourth and fifth rounds, and that was only once you realized what he was doing. The way I see it, playing it smart was really...smart, because Diaz is dumb as fuck and couldnt cope.

Feb 6, 2012 11:28 AM ET #11 (permalink)

Since Diaz decided to bitch out of the GSP fight i have hoped he would get his arse handed to him. Typical whinging that i expected after he lost. suprised that his brother didnt try n jump condit or something.

some decent fights on the card, not suprised that Werdum beat the big man. He needs to slim down or else he will get dropped from ufc.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum