"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Best Guitar Solos in Classic Metal Songs

Posted in: Forum Home >> Classic Metal >> Best Guitar Solos in Classic Metal Songs

Displaying 8 posts
Displaying 8 posts
Jan 24, 2012 4:47 PM ET #1 (permalink)

Post classic metal songs that contain your favorite solos...

Jan 24, 2012 7:18 PM ET #2 (permalink)

This isn't really a classic metal song, but the solo in Therion's song "Gothic Kabbalah" is incredible. Literally almost every time I play the track I rewind it and listen to the solo once or twice, and I've played that track a lot.

Jan 24, 2012 9:47 PM ET #3 (permalink)

damage inc by metallica, eat me alive by judas priest, blackout by scorpions, liar and hook in mouth by megadeth, and i know its not metal but david gilmour's solo in comfortably numb is awsome

Jan 25, 2012 12:52 PM ET #4 (permalink)

rudoplh or michael

Jan 25, 2012 2:35 PM ET #5 (permalink)

R10

Over The Mountain and Flying High Again/ Ozzy. Hail Randy!
You've Got Another Thing Comin'/the Mighty Priest! Tipton!
Tooth &Nail/Dokken. Lynch was an incredible shredder,no matter what you felt about the band.

Jan 25, 2012 4:17 PM ET #6 (permalink)

i always liked the fact that you cant really tell the diffrence between downing and tiptons leads, thats why they work so well together

Jan 25, 2012 4:53 PM ET #7 (permalink)

R10

Yes sir obscurred,Tipton and Downing,the friggen template for the twin axe attack that defined metal throughout the '80's. Saw them back in Nov.,kicked azz,but wished KK was there. The new guy did well,but Tipton/ Downing were such an influence on alot of bands we listen to nowadays. Kerry King? He bows to them!

Jan 25, 2012 5:41 PM ET #8 (permalink)

yeah i saw them back in november too

Reply to Discussion or Return to Classic Metal forum