"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

top 3 nwobhm bands

Posted in: Forum Home >> Classic Metal >> top 3 nwobhm bands

Displaying posts 51 - 59 of 59 1 2 3 Last
Displaying posts 51 - 59 of 59 1 2 3 Last
Jan 24, 2012 11:22 AM ET #51 (permalink)

I saw Saxon in 2008 at Graspop and they were incredible. One of the best bands of the festival in my opinion, and bear in mind I'm talking about a festival that included Priest, Maiden, KISS, Testament, Obituary, Iced Earth... Definitely gotta check them out mate! Venom are good live too, but not amazing.

Jan 24, 2012 6:35 PM ET #52 (permalink)

ZMA

Judas Priest were the forerunners for the NWOBHM. Like you said Oz they were already established by the time the movement really took off.

Jan 24, 2012 7:03 PM ET #53 (permalink)

Aye, the fathers of the movement perhaps? I've heard some people call Budgie NWOBHM which is amazing when you think that they were around before Priest!

Another NWOBHM band to check out: Bronz.

Jan 25, 2012 6:46 AM ET #54 (permalink)

^It's the same way how Van Halen wasnt really hair metal, but once they were idolized and imitated in all the wrong ways, it took off, and now theyre just considered another one of those lady bands with catchy songs, albeit with that superguitar-man hybrid Eddie van Halen.

Jan 25, 2012 10:10 AM ET #55 (permalink)

^Perfect analogy!

Jan 25, 2012 12:51 PM ET #56 (permalink)

yeah i always liked van halen not van hagar haha, eddie is a pretty underrated guitar player

Jan 25, 2012 1:04 PM ET #57 (permalink)

I wouldn't say that. I've always heard praise for Eddie whenever he's brought up. That and concern over him being a drunken dick by all accounts.

Jan 25, 2012 2:22 PM ET #58 (permalink)

yeah your right i guess what i was trying to say was, if your making a list of great guitarists most of the time nobody thinks of eddie, but once somebody points out that hes not on there you make room for him, he just not a name that comes up much

Jan 26, 2012 3:02 PM ET #59 (permalink)

ZMA

I don't ever bring up Eddie because I'm not much of a VH fan. He is a great player though.

Reply to Discussion or Return to Classic Metal forum