"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

News Columns

Posted in: Forum Home >> Bugs Reports, Suggestions, and Feedback >> News Columns

Displaying 7 posts
Displaying 7 posts
Nov 3, 2009 4:28 PM ET #1 (permalink)

Could we possibly have a page where all the concert reviews and news columns and other general crap that doesnt go in normal news or review sections could be stored? Organizational purposes really.

I wanted to read Cynic's column on experimental metal, and realized I had no idea how to find it. lol

Failing that, just shoot me the link to the column somebody, cause I wanted to check out some of the bands mentioned in the article. :P

Nov 5, 2009 12:31 PM ET #2 (permalink)

Yeah, it's in the works! For stuff like show reviews, it's easy enough to find by searching the band name. For columns that feature bands, you can also search by band name.

Nov 10, 2009 3:03 PM ET #3 (permalink)

It would also be nice to search by column, or even just see what columns there are, rather than by band.

For instance, yesterday I saw enjoyed Cynic's "Unearthing The Metal Underground: Nashville Doom -- Each week in Unearthing the Metal Underground, we'll be putting a few quality underground bands in the spotlight in an attempt to get the word out about them. "

So, after reading it, I looked for a place I could click to see other installments of "unearthing the metal underground", or to see what other columns are regularly being written (or have been in the past). But it seems the only way to do so is to dig through and pull them out of the old news feeds, which is generally more trouble than it's worth.

Searching on band-name only works if you are looking for info on a particular band, rather than looking to see what else is going on out there.

Nov 10, 2009 5:14 PM ET #4 (permalink)

Yeah, I know - it's in the works!

Nov 10, 2009 11:24 PM ET #5 (permalink)

Yeah, something like a keyword search would be great, in addition to the band search. For example, there have been a few bands that have posted free downloads on the site but I can't remember which ones. It'd be easy and very convenient to be able to just type in "free download" in a keyword search somewhere and pull up a list of articles.

I know you're a busy guy, deathbringer, and it's nothing that's incredibly vital, I just think it'd be cool. We appreciate your work on the site, as always.

Nov 20, 2009 12:16 PM ET #6 (permalink)

hammerheart: in your case, free download would probably generate 2000+ results lol. great idea though. taking it a bit further: a drop down menu on the search for keyword, album, band, news, reports, etc. or just some sort of advanced search feature would be cool for readers.

Dec 5, 2009 11:48 AM ET #7 (permalink)

z: Good point. I didn't think of that, lol.

Reply to Discussion or Return to Bugs Reports, Suggestions, and Feedback forum