"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Worlds BEST band names

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Music Discussion >> Worlds BEST band names

Displaying posts 26 - 50 of 56 1 2 3 Last
Displaying posts 26 - 50 of 56 1 2 3 Last
Nov 3, 2009 10:36 PM ET #26 (permalink)

Slayer is really only a good name because of the legacy of the band, otherwise it would be merely an ok name - not bad, but not particularly noteworthy. Celtic Frost is an awesome name. Cannibal Corpse is a shit name.

Nov 3, 2009 10:46 PM ET #27 (permalink)

I think Cannibal Corpse is a clever name, personally. A lot moreso than if they had just called themselves Zombie. And I personally think the name Slayer is pretty badass, but that's just a personal preference I guess.

Nov 3, 2009 11:55 PM ET #28 (permalink)

Oh god, good point, 'Zombie' wouldv been the worst name in the history of music!

Nov 4, 2009 7:38 AM ET #29 (permalink)

Exodus seems pretty badass for some reason. I like Overkill as a band name too, even know it's obvious where they got it from. Suicidal Tendencies is a good one, as is Agnostic Front.

Nov 4, 2009 2:22 PM ET #30 (permalink)

Don't forget ANAL CUNT

Nov 4, 2009 5:17 PM ET #31 (permalink)

I think DeathInEye is brilliant. :p Yeah, I made it up to be a band name. I'm lame, I know.

Nov 5, 2009 1:38 AM ET #32 (permalink)

It definitely ain't the worst I've heard, man...

Nov 5, 2009 3:49 AM ET #33 (permalink)

hail of bullits
tygers of pantang
raven
cannibal corpse
saxon
motorhead
hirax
slipknot not my fav band but a cool name

Nov 5, 2009 6:23 AM ET #34 (permalink)

Just read the Mastodon interview. Love that band, and love that band name.

Nov 5, 2009 11:24 AM ET #35 (permalink)

frank the tank

Nov 5, 2009 7:05 PM ET #36 (permalink)

^Don't make me slap you, boy.

Nov 5, 2009 9:06 PM ET #37 (permalink)

Blood duster, impaled nazarene, kyuss, corrosion of conformity, napalm death, Primus, White zombie.

Nov 5, 2009 11:36 PM ET #38 (permalink)

Anvil......'nuf said

Nov 6, 2009 11:33 AM ET #39 (permalink)

no one is going to slap shit. the tank is the shit, fuck with one tank you get the whole army. anvil sucks, shits for pussys.

Nov 6, 2009 12:21 PM ET #40 (permalink)

Best watch yoself Psythe, this muthafucka's got an army ;)

I'm not too big on Anvil, but I'll take them over the floods upon floods of generic deathcore bands anyday.

Nov 6, 2009 12:42 PM ET #41 (permalink)

Tank: Frank the Tank? That is the stupidest fucking name i've ever heard. In fact I'm going to add it to the worlds worst band name thread as soon as I'm done here. *watches Tanks legs noodle after Oz slaps the piss out of him* BOO! Fucking joke.

Nov 6, 2009 2:05 PM ET #42 (permalink)

Haha! It's always a laugh on MU.

Another great band name? Celtic Frost. For a band that has no Celts it fits brilliantly and the name creates as good an atmosphere as the music.

Nov 6, 2009 10:37 PM ET #43 (permalink)

Amon Amarth

Nov 6, 2009 11:15 PM ET #44 (permalink)

Frank the Tank.

Fuck you.

Nov 6, 2009 11:16 PM ET #45 (permalink)

Polkadot Cadaver is fucking hilarious. Especially if you picture Michael Jackson with measles.

Nov 7, 2009 3:07 AM ET #46 (permalink)

Frank the Tank is a fuckin stupid ass band name. Thats up there with Less Than Jake and Jimmy Eat World although i did find it humorous that Jimmy Eat World short spells J.E.W. lol

Nov 8, 2009 11:50 PM ET #47 (permalink)

This thread is about band's with good names. Names that roll off the tongue but still sound brutally awesome. Nobody cares what your opinion is towards the band's music. Here are some of my choices, just to name a few.

All Shall Perish
All That Remains
Apocalyptica
Arch Enemy
As I Lay Dying
Avantasia
Bullet For My Valentine
Cradle of Filth
Five Finger Death Punch
Insomnium
Kamelot
Killswitch Engage
Lamb of God
Scar Symmetry
Sylosis
Threat Signal

Nov 9, 2009 5:19 PM ET #48 (permalink)

Heaven Shall Burn
Draconian
Graveworm

Nov 9, 2009 10:07 PM ET #49 (permalink)

I only like some of these groups' music. Being metal, I figured I could equate "best" names to "badass" names

Morbid Angel
Five Finger Death Punch
Lamb of God
Vader
Motorhead
Sepultura

Though not badass, I like the band name "Twisted Sister"... it just seems catchy to me.

Nov 9, 2009 10:32 PM ET #50 (permalink)

Aw c'mon people, even if I didn't hate them, Five Finger Death Punch would still be a horrible name.

Vaginal Blood Fart- now there's a real band name.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Music Discussion forum