"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

"IP Logged" Button Malfunction?

Posted in: Forum Home >> Bugs Reports, Suggestions, and Feedback >> "IP Logged" Button Malfunction?

Displaying 4 posts
Displaying 4 posts
Oct 27, 2009 8:22 PM ET #1 (permalink)

In the "Metallica ups reward for missing fan" thread, it says that from post 11 on, everyone's posting from the same IP address. Is this happening to anybody else?

Oct 28, 2009 10:52 AM ET #2 (permalink)

I wondered how long it would take for you guys to notice this and was debating posting here this morning myself. I sent a message in to my hosting provider yesterday and it seems they've swapped out their firewall at some point and everyone's IP is reporting the internal firewall address. It should be fixed soon, hopefully. Thanks for your patience.

Nov 7, 2009 12:36 AM ET #3 (permalink)

Yay! It looks like the IPs are logging correctly now once again (finally).

Nov 17, 2009 9:27 AM ET #4 (permalink)

OK, this is finally cleared up for real now. Things looked like they were fixed previously, but about 25% of people were still showing up with the same IP, making it impossible to ban them (and also undermining my blacklist). Now if they show up to stir shit up, the banhammer is coming down... (that's just for you guys who like the term "banhammer")

(This post was last edited on November 17, 2009 at 9:27 AM ET.)

Reply to Discussion or Return to Bugs Reports, Suggestions, and Feedback forum