"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Hey from Ireland!

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Music Discussion >> Hey from Ireland!

Displaying posts 51 - 75 of 135 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Displaying posts 51 - 75 of 135 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Jul 10, 2009 11:20 AM ET #51 (permalink)

ap1 - me too bro ;-)

Bg1 - Dude, I'm not a quitter... I was just thinking that I
will see how long I can go without them.?
I tried that a few years ago, and made it last almost 10 months.!

Jul 10, 2009 11:26 AM ET #52 (permalink)

I don't feel dirty at all... *in an Austin Powers voice* I feel like a man Baby!

Jul 10, 2009 12:12 PM ET #53 (permalink)

You ain't a real man like me! I eat breakfast with a shovel, exfoliate with bleach and drink petrol!

Jul 10, 2009 12:28 PM ET #54 (permalink)

Lol, good day to you Oz. Hows the recovery comming? Sounds like you are getting back to the top of your game Brother. Good to see.

Jul 10, 2009 12:43 PM ET #55 (permalink)

Well I'm still on the crutch and walking a little funny but all is good thanks. Auditioning some guitarists at last next week. One's from Scotland and the other's Polish. Getting some international shit going! Going to Ventflow's album release party tonight with my drummer too and copping the album for free because they love me so much lol.

How's everything your end mate? How's the band going? I was playing your stuff to some friends last night and they loved it!

Jul 10, 2009 12:56 PM ET #56 (permalink)

The band is on pause right now due to the unforseen loss of a family member amongst one of my band mates. Glad to hear you guys are playing the BG tunes over there and bangin to it. What kind of sound are you guys shooting for if this international thing comes together?

Jul 10, 2009 1:08 PM ET #57 (permalink)

We're not sure yet but our main goal to create something original. Something that's fun to listen to but can contain a message too. Me and the skinsman want to bring all kinds of influences into it too including Hip-Hop, old school Ska and maybe even some traditional British sing-along stuff. As well as the usual outside influences like hardcore and punk. So much stuff out there to mix up into a metal band to help create something original. But we'll get working hard on it and see how it goes. Never know, it could be shite! But gotta be consistent. Ventflow, who I mentioned earlier, have been friends of mine for years and now they got a proper label backing them and stuff so it's a good inspiration. The party is at The Furnace which is our local metal club and I ain't been there for about a year so I'm interested to see if the scene has changed at all, if people are less ignorant and arrogant than when I used to go, if their knowledge extents beyond Lamb Of God and deathcore. Once I get a good idea of what Swindon's metal scene is like now, I'll have more of an idea of what I'm after.

Jul 10, 2009 1:18 PM ET #58 (permalink)

Sounds like a plan Oz. Keep me in the loop. I'm always interested in new sounds. So, you guys across the pond have the guys that stand at the back of the club with their leather jackets on and their arms crossed as though they're too cool to move too? I thought that was a yank thing. The scene has changed a lot since I was last there I guess. It's been nearly 20 years since I last loaded into a club in Europe and to be perfectly honest, I don't even remember the names of the places we played. Only the countries. It was a hell of a ride though. I'll never forget it.

Jul 10, 2009 1:32 PM ET #59 (permalink)

Um guys, all this shop talk is great, but we're straying from the subject of Dolly's flesh pillows. Now, where were we.

Jul 10, 2009 1:35 PM ET #60 (permalink)

I agree with ap1... this kind of chatter seems more suited
for the "pimp my band" section of this here Forum.?

Bring on the dancin girls... or at least their boobies ;-)

Jul 10, 2009 2:00 PM ET #61 (permalink)

MY BAD... Shit. I just thought it best to pass the time until Dolly gets here. It's like 7pm over there now (isn't it?) so she should be along any time now?

NP: War Pigs - BS

Jul 10, 2009 4:52 PM ET #62 (permalink)

Oh dear oh dear... Im away for one night and you mother f**kers hijack my thread with talks of MU gatherings and the like.... WHY WASNT I FUCKING INVITED! eh?! thats a warm welcome for ya...

(.)(.)
Dolly
xXxX

LMAO.....

Jul 10, 2009 4:54 PM ET #63 (permalink)

Well it's about time you showed up. I was beginning to wonder if you had broken up with me. lol.

Jul 10, 2009 4:58 PM ET #64 (permalink)

Miss me didja BG where the fuck are all the women!?

Jul 10, 2009 5:02 PM ET #65 (permalink)

Of courseI did. We all did Dolly. You're a kick in the ass and a breath of fresh air all in one tidy little package. We've got a few ladies that hang around here from time to time but they rarely flash us the way you do. So... Your blog said you're in college correct? What are ya studying?

Jul 10, 2009 5:21 PM ET #66 (permalink)

Im doing a Bachelor of Arts in Culinary Arts !! I love it...

Everyone loves food right?? I feel the exact way about food as I do about music... I cant imagine not being a chef like I cant see myself at a desk job yano... i like gettin all hot and sweaty in the kitchen....

Jul 10, 2009 5:35 PM ET #67 (permalink)

So what you're saying is that you're HOT. You love to party as much as you love sex AND you can cook? That is like a testosterone overload for men. I'm not sure the world is ready for you young lady.

Jul 10, 2009 5:39 PM ET #68 (permalink)

I think I just came.

Jul 10, 2009 5:39 PM ET #69 (permalink)

*breathes a sigh of relief

dolly - nice to see you back at the MU.!
Cooking is an excellent line of work..
I spent some time managing the kitchen of a local resort/nightclub back in the late 80s.!
Being that I have had a passionate 25 year love affair
with weed, its always helped that I can cook my own meals when I get the munchies :)

Jul 10, 2009 5:48 PM ET #70 (permalink)

AP1: I would be surprized if anyone didn't. LMFAO!

Jul 10, 2009 5:51 PM ET #71 (permalink)

Yep.. I will admit it... I feel a bit sticky too ;-)

Jul 10, 2009 6:04 PM ET #72 (permalink)

Yeah, something tells me miss Dolly won't be on the market for long. Either that or them Irish fellers are dumber than a bag of hammers (thanks for the phrase godlike).

Jul 10, 2009 6:27 PM ET #73 (permalink)

LMAO @ you guys making me blush..!!
Irish fellas are gobshites the lost of them!! I am sorta seeing one tho... Feckin men... youre more hastle than your worth the lot of yez!! :p

Jul 10, 2009 6:30 PM ET #74 (permalink)

Ive never liked men either.!!

Jul 10, 2009 6:35 PM ET #75 (permalink)

Dolly: I know right, but we're hard to quit. lol. My buddy Irish Metal is a stand up guy though. Only problem is... I haven't seen him around in a while and he's very much in love with his gal. Did you rig up a myspace yet? You need to do that so you can check out Blind Greed and all the other cool bands the metal heads of MU contribute to.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Music Discussion forum